Thread: Larfleeze questions.

Larfleeze questions.

On my attack step, I use Larfleeze's ability and send out a sidekick (Larfleeze is at level 3). I also attack with Angel and Falcon. Star girl is active.

What is my sidekick's attack value? Does Stargirl and Angel add to the attack value granted by Larfleeze or not?

Follow up question. Situation is same as above. My opponent has Captain America: Super Soldier fielded.

Card text- While active, prevent all but 1 damage to you from any action or character abilities.

How much damage will the sidekick do? In other words, what does Cap prevent?

Thanks

Cap only blocks action and ability damage, not combat damage - which is what your SKs would be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Cap only blocks action and ability damage, not combat damage - which is what your SKs would be doing.
    But is what Larfleeze does to the Sidekick considered an ability? Why is it considered combat damage instead of an ability since it is granted by an ability?

What about Human Paladin global? Would that reduce the damage?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse. I'm trying to get my head wrapped around this. I TO at my FLGS, and I made a wrong ruling last week. I just want to make sure I get this stuff right.

IF Larfleeze is a "when attacks" ability, and so is angels, then IF you choose to resolve Larfleeze first, sidekick would be 9/9. Stargirls ability is a static ability (so SK'S don't "gain" +1/+1 at a certain point in time, but instead have the Bonus continually applied) so know SK is 10/10.

The question still remains about Larfleeze being a "when attacks" ability. That triggers simultaneously with Angel...

ok, Larfleeze can't attack during main step. So it's triggered in the Attack Step.
    All "when attacks" effects are resolved after ALL attackers are declared. So when Angels ability resolves (after ALL attackers are declared), Larfleeze is no longer able to attack.
    So his ability must trigger before Angels. (and for future reference, also before any other characters "when attacks" ability.

from rule book:
    Declare Attackers
    Any or all of your fielded characters can attack. Move these characters
    into the Attack Zone. It costs no energy to move a character into the
    Attack Zone; it is just a part of the Field Zone. You can send all, some,
    or none of your characters to attack. If you do not attack, your turn
    immediately ends (neither player can use Global Abilities in this case).
    After you declare all attackers, apply any effects that happen due to
    characters attacking.
    Last edited by SarkhanMad; 10-28-2015 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    ok, Larfleeze can't attack during main step. So it's triggered in the Attack Step.
    All "when attacks" effects are resolved after ALL attackers are declared. So when Angels ability resolves (after ALL attackers are declared), Larfleeze is no longer able to attack.
    So his ability must trigger before Angels. (and for future reference, also before any other characters "when attacks" ability.

from rule book:
    Declare Attackers
    Any or all of your fielded characters can attack. Move these characters
    into the Attack Zone. It costs no energy to move a character into the
    Attack Zone; it is just a part of the Field Zone. You can send all, some,
    or none of your characters to attack. If you do not attack, your turn
    immediately ends (neither player can use Global Abilities in this case).
    After you declare all attackers, apply any effects that happen due to
    characters attacking.
    So, let me make sure I am interpreting correctly.

Attack Step: Sidekick attacks in Level 3 Larfleeze's place (based on Larfleeze ability), making Sidekick 8/8. Angel attacks at the same time making Sidekick 9/9. Because Stargirl is active, Sidekick is 10/10. And Falcon is attacking at the same time which makes 10/10 Sidekick unblockable.

Is this correct?

Yes. That is how I would play it. I believe that to be correct.

except, although Angel does "attack at the same time", as the SK, Larfleeze and Angel effects are not resolved at same time.
    Larfleeze before attackers
    Angel after attackers

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    Yes. That is how I would play it. I believe that to be correct.

except, although Angel does "attack at the same time", Larfleeze and Angel effects are not resolved at same time.
    Larfleeze before attackers
    Angel after attackers
    Cool. Thanks!

Now, if I can figure out what Captain America-Super Soldier, Iron Fist, and Human Paladin global does to it, I'll be set.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    Cool. Thanks!

Now, if I can figure out what Captain America-Super Soldier, Iron Fist, and Human Paladin global does to it, I'll be set.
    Nothing in all 3 cases. Abilities which modify stats do not do any damage on their own. That's the distinction. I think.

Future rulebooks will define Ability Damage as follows:
    “Ability Damage: Damage from a character that isn’t combat damage.”

http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...hp?f=10&t=8509

Combat damage: A character deals it's attack value to blocking characters and opponent (if unblocked or overcrush).

To prevent combat damage during the attack step, use Invisible Stalker - Greater Elemental

To prevent combat damage during the attack step, use Invisible Stalker - Greater Elemental

I forgot about that gem...might have to use to mess with my local meta. Actually, he would be a great counter to Lantern Rings and Obelisk with overcrush.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    I forgot about that gem...might have to use to mess with my local meta. Actually, he would be a great counter to Lantern Rings and Obelisk with overcrush.
    He makes Overcrush about as effective as a wet noodle in combat

He makes Overcrush about as effective as a wet noodle in combat
    Yep. And I have come up with some mega damage Overcrush teams that this could stop instantly.