Thread: Question about Constantine common (Antihero) on LRLOBI

Question about Constantine common (Antihero) on LRLOBI

Hello guys!!

Scenario

Opponent got that stupid =) card on field:

Ive alrealdy fielded, 2 of my little mate here

Does the card ability triiger on each dice, so I can reroll 2 times my opponent ring, or just one time?

thanks for helping!

While active means having at least one die fielded triggers that requirement, so multiple dice fielded would not get triggered and you could only make them reroll one die per turn.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    While active means having at least one die fielded triggers that requirement, so multiple dice fielded would not get triggered and you could only make them reroll one die per turn.
    Correct. While active abilities are only once per character card (no matter how many dice), but when Fielded, assigned to attack, or assigned to block occurs per character die.

Wait, are you reading Constantine that he can make the opponent reroll a fielded Lantern Ring?

Yeah... if the rare SHIELD Agent forces the rerolls it forces, then common Connie makes a fielded ring get rerolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Wait, are you reading Constantine that he can make the opponent reroll a fielded Lantern Ring?
    This has been confirmed that Constantine Antihero was being used as a counter for Millennium Puzzle (a continuous action) during Nationals and worlds, so naturally it can work against the Lantern Ring or battery.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    This has been confirmed that Constantine Antihero was being used as a counter for Millennium Puzzle (a continuous action) during Nationals and worlds, so naturally it can work against the Lantern Ring or battery.
    So, once again, we have a semi-official ruling at a tournament that people are taking as official and that only some people know about.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    So, once again, we have a semi-official ruling at a tournament that people are taking as official and that only some people know about.
    If it was done at the wizkids event with their officials...how is that not official?

I don't even know what "semi-official" is supposed to mean. Either its official or its not.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries

Hrm, both US and Canadian Nationals occurred before DCJL was legal. Which Nationals was this ruling from (I've lost track of which occurred after DCJL became legal)?

Edit: quoted the wrong post

If it was done at the wizkids event with their officials...how is that not official?
    That's why I said "semi-official".

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    I don't even know what "semi-official" is supposed to mean. Either its official or its not.
    It's fairly simple - if it's not on the WKRF then it's not fully official.

The problem with treating rulings at tournaments as official (even when then those tournaments are WizKids run), is two-fold:

1. Only those lucky enough to be at said tournaments are aware of said rulings - for a ruling to be official everyone should have equal access to it.

2. Said rulings are not recorded anywhere and so cannot be verified or referred to - if I am a player or judge in my local store I have no way to show my judge or players this ruling - and anyone can say "X was ruled as Y in tournament Z" and no-one has anyway to check if that is definitely true or not.

The WKRF is the repository for official rulings. If it is not there, then it is not fully official. And should not be treated that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Hrm, both US and Canadian Nationals occurred before DCJL was legal. Which Nationals was this ruling from (I've lost track of which occurred after DCJL became legal)?
    That is a damn good point.

UK Nationals was the first Nationals in which DCJL was legal.

Worlds was 1 week after UK Nationals.

I don't recall there being any other Nationals between UK Nationals and Worlds.

And, incidentally, the Judge at UK Nationals said that his rulings should not be taken as official.

assuming Lantern Ring or Battery is on the field from previous turn. Is possible use Constantine for the effect?

Well, this is what Dice Anon had mentioned when my buddy asked if Constantine could be used for continuous actions, their response is quote, "Dice Anon Exactly what we were using at worlds vs millennium puzzle. So, yes, absolutely works that way." After the first nationals event, an article was released (buried somewhere in the internet), that declared that the first player cannot attack on their first turn. This was a ruling declared at Nationals by Wizkids, that many didn't know about. Has it finally been added to the instructions? Hopefully, if not, it's still an official ruling.

Scorpion I get your frustration, but you are going have to accept that because wizkids rarely rules on anything relevant (since JL), that we have to accept "semi-official" and even majority rulings in the mean time. Would I love for them to answer simple questions? of course. Are they? Nope. Otherwise, you would have to have judges and TOs state, "ok, no one can use Warth or Lantern Ring until Wizkids clarifies this" (Or some other debatable card). This is why, I would prefer that one thread where we have rulings with votes until wizkids decides.

Edit: Just checked, not in the Amazing Spiderman manual. What a surprise.

First player can't attack is in the tournament rules, IIRC.

Couldn't find it in the spiderman rulebook or Age of Ultron's.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    First player can't attack is in the tournament rules, IIRC.
    IIRC = ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by archivist View Post
    IIRC = ??

Thanks
    If I Recall Correctly.

http://dicemasters.com/wp-content/up...t-Document.pdf

Games in Matches: The player who goes first in a tournament game may not attack...

It's simply one of those situations where we have no official ruling posted, so we have to use our knowledge of other rulings and interactions to determine (read: Guess) how other cards interact based on similarities in card text. Until something official comes out, it's up to the judge's discretion. If anyone cares, I'd personally rule it as yes, you can force an opponent to reroll a continuous action in the field, based on the SHIELD Agent ruling (which I admittedly don't like, but it has been clarified)

One thing I would like to go on record saying is that I agree with Scorpion0x17 in believing that anecdotes should not be be used as official or semi-offical rulings, only things posted in the FAQ, rulebook or WKRF.

I also agree on the comments about official rules.

However, since there are many situations that still need an official ruling, many TOs must rely on their best judgment. When a TO is also the judge (usually this is the case), if there is a controversial situation (e.g. Lantern Ring or Warth), tell your players beforehand how this will be played. While there still may be some grumbling, you are being fair in applying this ruling to everyone and giving your players ample notification on how those questionable cards will be adjudicated.

This forum gives everyone the benefit of debating these issues by many experienced and knowledgeable players and developing reasonable answers based on logic. While not "official", it does provide a sound basis for ruling on these issues until such official rulings are released.

You do not have to agree or abide by anything vetted in this forum, but if you are going to be a fair judge, you must at least have some basis (either from similar rulings or logical inference based within the rules) for your ruling - not just "I think that is how it's played", or worse "that is how I want it played".