Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Limit on Gravity Feeds?

I doubt there's a shortage. I suspect places like CSI sell massive quantities because of the discount they offer, and WK wants to make sure that they have enough to at least cover the initial shipment to all interested stores. May be connected with the push of the release date back a week (customs issues?).

Just checked. Not being able to buy at a massive discount like that kinda sucks and I have to reevaluate the game's cost now. I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay into Dice Masters at almost twice the cost I originally had to spend on the game.

So is there another place to buy GFs online at a discount?

I'm seeing more and more things pop up every day that point towards increasing the amount of time between set releases.

On topic, I spoke with friends from my FLGS and we got our order for dicemasters for the near future sorted out last night. To meet demand, we have 4-5 cases on order, which should just barely cover us, but who knows if we'll manage to get that in. When War of Light hit stores, we ended up with 2 cases below the order and weren't able to restock for a few weeks, so the only packs we had available for a while were Age of Ultron and Uncanny. We should definitely end up with enough to cover our preorders, and hopefully just enough for the draft, but given the past track record, we might be out of loose boxes to sell. It's all kind of up in the air until the distributor actually ships the product really.

Quick edit: (Support your FLGS and buy from them! )

Just checked Troll and Toad and they're "out of stock" which means they might be in the same situation.

I would have to drive an hour to get to a brick and mortar store that will be carrying ASM around release time. That's not gonna happen, so if limiting quantities to online sellers is being done intentionally (and it's not just a temporary supply issue with ASM specifically where any seller needing a lot of stock is getting a smaller allocation to start with) then that's going to be a big problem for me for the future.

I checked my "secret" backup online retailer and so far they seem to think they're getting a decent allocation and is willing to sell to me. I just ordered 4 of 'em. They're also geographically closer to me than CSI, so unless they also get bad news about their allocation, I should have them on Friday after the release rather than sometime the following week. Yay! I guess what I'm saying is that if you, like me, don't have a FLGS carrying Dice Masters beyond DnD (!) then look around and you may still be able to find decent sources online.

(I also checked Miniaturemarket and they are not taking any preorders of ASM either, at least at this point, so they could be another online retailer feeling the pinch. I've ordered DM from them in the past and also from Troll and Toad which @Scum mentioned seems to be in the same boat.)

Quote Originally Posted by duroyprofundo View Post
    Not sure why online retailers need to be kept secret.
    Note that I put 'secret' in scarequotes...not exactly a secret, but is better that we scatter our orders around than hammer a specific online vendor.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Between last night and this morning their stock decreased 25%.

I'm incredibly envious of some of the discounts you guys in the us get. At best we get about 10% in the UK. Maybe 15 at a push. And with the exchange rate means we pay way to fuel our addictions.

However saying that I will always try to by from my flgs as theyre great for supporting our fledgling group and the owner is a genuinely decent bloke. We also tend to get together and run drafts when people buy gfs (all cards remain the purchasers) which makes cracking a feed a bit more fun in my opinion (my AoU case was a near 3 hour slog!)

Quote Originally Posted by timbowyer View Post
    I'm incredibly envious of some of the discounts you guys in the us get. At best we get about 10% in the UK. Maybe 15 at a push. And with the exchange rate means we pay way to fuel our addictions.
    Well, you get universal health care.

Pretty lame.

I love supporting my local shop. I don't need them to be competitive but give us something. Some of the stores her will charge full retail for a feed. Looks like I'll have to try a different website than CSI.

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Pretty lame.

I love supporting my local shop. I don't need them to be competitive but give us something. Some of the stores her will charge full retail for a feed. Looks like I'll have to try a different website than CSI.
    I'm the same, even if its a little more. Unfortunately being in Alaska, they don't get items on or nearly close to release dates. Order as needed.

Customers: Hey WK, you are putting out too much stuff too quickly, so those who care enough to play your game are forced to look online so they can afford it.

WK answer to customer concerns: Restrict sales to online vendors.

Fracking geniuses!

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Customers: Hey WK, you are putting out too much stuff too quickly, so those who care enough to play your game are forced to look online so they can afford it.

Fracking geniuses!
    I really, really shouldn't have, but this made me laugh a lot more than I should be admitting to.

potomacdist.com still had some this morning. Never used them before but I figure it is worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post

Fracking geniuses!
    This is an oversimplification, to be fair.

It's not my place to correct people and I'm not going to, but there are some pretty obvious and sensible reasons if one thinks a step deeper - I can understand how it could seem annoying, but most problems aren't as simple as they seem at face value. And this is coming from somebody who does not exactly have a history of supporting everything (or even just a few things) that Wizkids does.

Especially considering that online retailers aren't nearly all sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    And this is why I order all pre-relesaes at least 8-10 weeks ahead of time...

I noticed places like Troll & Toad had the pre-order available a long time ago, but I kept waiting for coolstuffinc to get it. Well, coolstuff never got it and now T&T is sold out lol. I ended up going with potomacdist.com, but I wanted to build up my customer rewards at coolstuff

https://www.facebook.com/coolstuffin...289881/?type=3

CoolStuffInc.com
    CoolStuffInc.com has been a proud supporter of Dice Masters and HeroClix throughout the years. Through both our online retail efforts and in-store play offerings we've enjoyed significant success sharing the games with you and thousands of other customers across North America.

Due to a quantity restriction Wizkids has placed on DC HeroClix: Superman/Wonder Woman booster bricks and Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man gravity feed displays we are unable to offer pre-orders for HeroClix: Superman/Wonder Woman booster bricks, booster cases, and booster packs. We will not be able to offer them or Marvel Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man gravity feed displays for sale.

The quantity limit restricts us to less than 10% of booster bricks and gravity feed displays we have received for previous releases. In addition, our organized play offerings for both Dice Masters and HeroClix have been suspended while we appeal with WizKids for the additional sealed product required to host our communities' events.

We will have extremely limited quantities of singles available for upcoming sets, including the DC HeroClix: Superman/Wonder Woman and Marvel Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man releases. We will also continue buying and selling individual HeroClix minatures as well as Dice Masters singles and look forward to supporting our customers' and communities' collections as before.

While no apology on our behalf will alleviate the frustration of this policy by WizKids, we share your disappointment: CoolStuffInc.com is full of lifelong gamers and players and we're unable to continue delighting thousands of HeroClix and Dice Masters fans, as well as the communities in our local game stores, who have relied on us for their sealed product experiences.

CoolStuffInc.com sincerely apologizes for the unexpected change and inconvenience this causes us all.

If you have any questions regarding your pre-order please don't hesitate to email us anytime at info@coolstuffinc.com. As always we will do our best to deliver on the shopping and customer service experience you've come to expect from us.

Thank you again for continuing to choose CoolStuffInc.com as your local game store for thousands of games, singles and accessories.

Gerald Sunkin
    CEO, CoolStuffInc.com, LLC

What concerns me is the wording makes it seem as though the restriction is on the product - not on CSI. If so, does that mean all the buyers/sellers of the pre-ordered sets on ebay are about to be put in a really tough place? How is this going to affect local stores who have a hard time getting regular stock in for normal events?

I guess I'll be like most people in one of the stores I play in and skip this set for now - well I'll at least get the starter. Then maybe when the prices start dropping on ebay I'll get someone's near complete set for a song...