Thread: Article: Special Podcast 1 - Post-Nationals Car Talk

I think I'm slightly confused. While you were talking it sounded as though the tournament was allowing teams to be built from all sets that have been released. Is that accurate? I was under the impression that WizKids was going to limit tournament play to the comic book IP's.

This was a fun episode to listen to. There's something enjoyable about listening to a couple guys just chatting about the game as opposed to a format-based conversation. I really wish that I could've made it to nationals. It would be cool if one of you wrote up an article breaking down the experience to give us hopefuls some insight on what to expect if we try to go next year.

I live in Upstate NY so the trip is definitely manageable.

Great job as always guys!

All sets that have been released for at least two weeks are eligible for the constructed WizKids tournaments.

Okay.

Not my cup of tea, but the nice thing about this game is I can stay competitive without throwing money at the other IP's.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SJ_Mitchell View Post
    It would be cool if one of you wrote up an article breaking down the experience
    I'm working on a few write ups from the event. I will talk about a very specific game from the qualifiers and my experience in the two DC rainbow drafts. It will all be coming out this week. The podcast that will hit Thursday will deal more with how Saturday went from begining to end.

Yeah and this week's regular podcast includes our off-the-cuff thoughts driving to the first qualifier and in between qualifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Yeah and this week's regular podcast includes our off-the-cuff thoughts driving to the first qualifier and in between qualifiers.
    Listened to it. Really enjoyed it. Great work as always guys. It's nice to be a fly on the wall for some of these conversations. It helps to ease the pain of not being there.

I'd still say you should check out some other YGO/D&D cards and have a blast. More characters = more fun, in my mind.