Thread: Pro Dice Circuit- Will you travel to play?

Pro Dice Circuit- Will you travel to play?

On this week's pod cast Isaac mentioned that JT will be traveling to each of the Ohio PDC events to compete. How far would you travel to compete in one of these events? Personally, I might go to one about 30-45 minutes away, but I have two events occurring in my city.

I plan to hit every PDC event in FL. Fortunately for me, that is 3, in a 45 minute radius.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Can't hit them all in Ohio... 3 within 45 minutes or so. The one in Columbus is the same day as another closer event. The two in Toledo are questionable, but I'm going to make every effort. The one in Cincinnati is an outside shot. I love the competitive environment. To have these opportunities this close is exciting and I really just want to take advantage of it where I can.

I for one am hoping you make up for at least one of the Toledo events. We have some pretty competitive players here and it would be nice to see them challenged by the Canuck Champ.

I'll likely travel at least a little bit for PDC events. I've got DC, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Columbus and Cleveland all within about a 3 hour drive range of me, and there'll be one here in Morgantown.

It'll be good practice.. though with my luck I bet one of the ones I want to hit will be the same weekend as a currently unannounced official regional event nearby.

I'm going to try to hit all of the Washington and Oregon events that my schedule permits.

Edit: that's up to about two hours away for me.

Is there someplace to see the events going on all over? or is this just your local info?

Quote Originally Posted by koolkat67 View Post
    Is there someplace to see the events going on all over? or is this just your local info?
    http://prodicecircuit.com/event-schedule/

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    I'm going to try to hit all of the Washington and Oregon events that my schedule permits.

Edit: that's up to about two hours away for me.
    I don't know if I can get the time off for going up to Washington, so I look forward to seeing you here!

Right now both of the Wisconsin events are the same day.

o.0

I need to see if we can reschedule ours. Otherwise I would!

One of them is being rescheduled. It should be changed on the site shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I plan to hit every PDC event in FL. Fortunately for me, that is 3, in a 45 minute radius.
    Floridian too, huh? Hopefully, I will see you at one of them at least (I live on the other coast).

The more you travel, the more those leaderboard points will add up!

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hwetzel View Post
    I for one am hoping you make up for at least one of the Toledo events. We have some pretty competitive players here and it would be nice to see them challenged by the Canuck Champ.
    Well, Isaac has had his share of wins over me, that is for sure! He speaks highly of the NW Ohio group, so I would imagine it would be a good time regardless of the outcome. If you guys can make the trip east, events are lined up the first 3 Saturdays in December...

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Well, Isaac has had his share of wins over me, that is for sure! He speaks highly of the NW Ohio group, so I would imagine it would be a good time regardless of the outcome. If you guys can make the trip east, events are lined up the first 3 Saturdays in December...
    They are a really good group of people. I'm kind of the new guy having just started playing regularly in August. They've been very open and helpful in learning the game and it's many strategies. Especially Isaac, Gene, and Jason who all bring their kids to kick my butt.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzarony View Post
    One of them is being rescheduled. It should be changed on the site shortly.
    Whoo hoo!

Game Universe is the best. The Wife and I will surly drive out to that one as well now

Quote Originally Posted by LARedWolf995 View Post
    Trying to get LGSs in Shreveport, LA to commit to applying. Hopefully it's not too late?
    At this point, it's too late for this season. Yesterday was the hard deadline for stores (that had already applied) to confirm dates. I'd look for a nearby State or Regional event.

Quote Originally Posted by LARedWolf995 View Post
    Trying to get LGSs in Shreveport, LA to commit to applying. Hopefully it's not too late?
    I think so but @pizzarony could tell you for sure