Thread: Gearing Up + Swarm

Gearing Up + Swarm

Just wanted to confirm this. Since Swarm ability only applies during the Clear & Draw step - if I roll Gearing Up BAC (Draw two dice from your bag and roll them - place them in your reserve pool) action face those 2 dice would not trigger a character's Swarm ability since the action is used during your main step?

I guess that would be the same with any BAC that have you draw dice? Relaxing, Nasty Plot, etc.

Correct, draws outside of Clear & Draw do not trigger Swarm, and action dice that you draw and then roll can only then be used during Main.

Same goes for Globals like on Resurrection too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Correct, draws outside of Clear & Draw do not trigger Swarm, and action dice that you draw and then roll can only then be used during Main.

Same goes for Globals like on Resurrection too.
    Red Tornado - Lab Creation: While Red Tornado is active, once per turn, if you draw 3 or more Sidekicks during your Clear and Draw Step, you may put all the Sidekicks into your Used Pile and draw 4 new dice.

Swarm would trigger for any drawn for this effect, correct? Since it's still part of the Clear and Draw step?

Quote Originally Posted by Joepancreas View Post
    Red Tornado - Lab Creation: While Red Tornado is active, once per turn, if you draw 3 or more Sidekicks during your Clear and Draw Step, you may put all the Sidekicks into your Used Pile and draw 4 new dice.

Swarm would trigger for any drawn for this effect, correct? Since it's still part of the Clear and Draw step?
    Yes, Red Tornado and Swarm is impressive and works very well together.

It would trigger, so does Red Tornado (at least i play this combo since Red Tornado is out and no one complained).
    You should always try to trigger Red Tornado as fast as possible to maximize Swarm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    It would trigger, so does Red Tornado (at least i play this combo since Red Tornado is out and no one complained).
    You should always try to trigger Red Tornado as fast as possible to maximize Swarm.
    I have heard that, but never understood it. Wouldn't pulling all 4 (not including swarm die) be more beneficial than getting 3 SKs + whatever swarm and than using his ability to discard the 3 SKs and get the remaining 5? If you pulled 4 SKs + whatever swarm dice, and than used his ability to clear out the 4 Sks to potentially get 4 dice that may matter? Especially when the swarm dice will msot likely be used for energy anyways?

3SK +1 Swarm -> Red Tornado -> Minus 3 SK -> Draw 4 more -> Potential= 2 Characters and 2 Swarms + 1 Swarm = 5 + 3 = 8 Dice
    4 SK -> Red Tornado -> Minus 4 Draw 4 More -> 1 Character and 3 Swarm = 4 + 3 = 7 Dice.

Sure if you really need that characters and your swarms are not predictable then use it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    3SK +1 Swarm -> Red Tornado -> Minus 3 SK -> Draw 4 more -> Potential= 2 Characters and 2 Swarms + 1 Swarm = 5 + 3 = 8 Dice
    4 SK -> Red Tornado -> Minus 4 Draw 4 More -> 1 Character and 3 Swarm = 4 + 3 = 7 Dice.

Sure if you really need that characters and your swarms are not predictable then use it this way.
    How are you getting the +3? If those are the other sidekicks from red tornado, they go back to the used pile.

If you draw the 3 swarm dice at any point they don't count, so lets assume you get all 3 whether before or after red tornado. If you pull 3 Sks and one character, you would get 4 more dice plus the character.

This would be 4 (new draw) + 1 (first draw) + 3 (Swarm) = 8 total dice. The five could all be characters or 1 and 4 SKs.

Actually, I just reread the Red Tornado card. You have to pull the 4 first (not including swarm dice) before you can use his ability. You aren't able to use his after the 3rd die drawn. The Swarm ability would trigger before Red Tornado. That's how I read it at least. Either way, I still can get 8 dice if I pull the 3 swarm dice.

The way I read it, you can trigger either Swarm or RT in whichever order you wish.

So, the combination of dice you draw determines which is best to trigger first.

So, let's say you draw 3 SKs and 1 Kobold/Orc/Stirge, then it's best to activate RT first, hoping to get more Swarm.

But if you draw fewer than 3 SKs and more than 1 Kobold/Orc/Stirge, then you trigger Swarm on those dice first, hoping to pull at least 1 SK, so that you can trigger RT, draw more Swarm and trigger Swarm again.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    How are you getting the +3? If those are the other sidekicks from red tornado, they go back to the used pile.

If you draw the 3 swarm dice at any point they don't count, so lets assume you get all 3 whether before or after red tornado. If you pull 3 Sks and one character, you would get 4 more dice plus the character.

This would be 4 (new draw) + 1 (first draw) + 3 (Swarm) = 8 total dice. The five could all be characters or 1 and 4 SKs.

Actually, I just reread the Red Tornado card. You have to pull the 4 first (not including swarm dice) before you can use his ability. You aren't able to use his after the 3rd die drawn. The Swarm ability would trigger before Red Tornado. That's how I read it at least. Either way, I still can get 8 dice if I pull the 3 swarm dice.
    Maybe my writing was little bit confusing, but you have to count swarms after the RT Effect to the complete dice. Whatever i would get almost everything i want with 8 dice, even when 3 of them are swarm characters.

I was reffereing to 4 Sks at the draw. Ofcourse if you would get at least one different die than a SK it would be the same when you draw the 3 swarms.

If you draw 4 SKs then the only thing you can do is RT them!

You can't Swarm of you didn't draw Swarm dice!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    If you draw 4 SKs then the only thing you can do is RT them!

You can't Swarm of you didn't draw Swarm dice!
    The weird thing about swarm is it just counts if you draw them during clear and draw, and since the RT ability goes off during clear and draw and has you draw more dice, it should trigger swarm even if you draw them with RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    ...since the RT ability goes off during clear and draw and has you draw more dice, it should trigger swarm even if you draw them with RT.
    Yes, it does!