Thread: How does works Atomica?

Atomica - Trinity War

"While Atomica is active, once per turn during the main step, you may swap her with a villain die in your reserve pool."

Based on this, I would assume that (answering your questions):

"What level the other villain dice comes to field?"
    Level 1. This was ruled with the SR catwoman, unless a card specifies otherwise (like the Outsider), it's always level 1.

"Can you swap her with a villain dice energy?"
    No, because the villain die goes to the field and you can't have energy in the field.

"Can you field her after using her ability?"
    I would say yes, assuming you had the energy to field her. It's still the main step and you can purchase, field, and use actions or globals any number of times that you are able (or want) in a any order. This is also why the card states once per turn. It prevents her from being abused.

Edit: I forgot that the villain die was coming from the reserve pool. The card does state villain die, so I would assume if it was on the energy side you would field it at level 1. As for a die on a character face, I think it could be placed in at its rolled level, but you will need to get an official ruling as polymorph swaps and it specifically states level 1. Teleport swaps and it says the same level or one higher.
    Last edited by bahamut7; 10-29-2015 at 08:28 PM.

If you have a Villain die rolled on a character face, you can put it in the Field for no cost by swapping an already-fielded Atomica. Most Villains have a 1-2-3 fielding cost, so this saves you energy overall (though you don't get any "when fielded" effects because it's a swap). After this you can re-field Atomica if you can afford it.

The Villain goes out on whatever face it's rolled. If the Villain die is on a energy face, there is an argument that you could swap it and it would immediately go back to Reserve (since energy can't be in the Field). You could then re-field Atomica.

Swap has no restrictions other than those listed in the abilities text, at least according to any rules source about swapping (there aren't many).

As such, the dice change places, then we apply any rules mechanics after that. If we swap a character face villain, we now have a fieldable Atomica. If we swap with Energy, energy defaults to reserve and we can refielding Atomica.

No dice change faces, no dice spin, ability is usable 1/turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Swap has no restrictions other than those listed in the abilities text, at least according to any rules source about swapping (there aren't many).

As such, the dice change places, then we apply any rules mechanics after that. If we swap a character face villain, we now have a fieldable Atomica. If we swap with Energy, energy defaults to reserve and we can refielding Atomica.

No dice change faces, no dice spin, ability is usable 1/turn.
    I agree with this interpretation.