Thread: Common Baron Zemo and opponent's Action Dice?

Common Baron Zemo and opponent's Action Dice?

I wouldn't mind getting an official word on the common Baron Zemo. I believe it can be used to remove an opponent's action ( e.g. Lantern Battery: Power Source ), but an official answer on this would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    I wouldn't mind getting an official word on the common Baron Zemo. I believe it can be used to remove an opponent's action ( e.g. Lantern Battery: Power Source ), but an official answer on this would be cool.
    I believe the ruling has been along the lines of cost reduction and parallax's global's ruling. basically, unless it says otherwise, it only means your dice.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    I believe the ruling has been along the lines of cost reduction and parallax's global's ruling. basically, unless it says otherwise, it only means your dice.

Ah, well I've seen a few responses here indicating that some players seem to think otherwise. This is why an official ruling would be nice.

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...-Helmut-J-Zemo

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...8418#post28418

Parallax Global was errata'd to refer to only your dice. The only ruling we have is the Rare SHIELD Agent - Need to Know Basis, which says that unless the card specifies "yours" or "your opponent's", it refers to all.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Parallax Global was errata'd to refer to only your dice. The only ruling we have is the Rare SHIELD Agent - Need to Know Basis, which says that unless the card specifies "yours" or "your opponent's", it refers to all.
    That would contradict the ruling that goes with the cost reduction cards like Aquaman and Kyle Rayner. That ruling states that their ability only applies to your side of the field. This is where my logic came from. Also, wizkids have been very specific on the characters that can remove action die since YGO (the first set actually created but not released first). A ruling would be nice as it would be a nicer option for action removal.

That would contradict the ruling that goes with the cost reduction cards like Aquaman and Kyle Rayner. That ruling states that their ability only applies to your side of the field. This is where my logic came from. Also, wizkids have been very specific on the characters that can remove action die since YGO (the first set actually created but not released first). A ruling would be nice as it would be a nicer option for action removal.
    No ruling for Aquaman that I can find on WKRF. If a card refers to an affiliation without specifying a side, it applies to all.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    No ruling for Aquaman that I can find on WKRF. If a card refers to an affiliation without specifying a side, it applies to all.
    It's in the War of Light instruction booklet, page 28 I think.

It's in the War of Light instruction booklet, page 28 I think.
    I suspect you are referring to this, from page 20:

POWERS, ABILITIES, AND CARD TEXT
    Card text that names a character only considers your characters for its effects. Your card’s text doesn’t trigger because your opponent has the same character, nor do your dice get a bonus from your opponent’s cards of the same name.
    Which, you will note, only refers to named characters. Anything that mentions a character by name will only refer to your characters. However, anything which mentions an affiliation or an energy type will refer to both players (unless explicitly stated otherwise in the card text).