Thread: Article: The Transition Zone: Halloween Themed Dice Masters Events

Article: The Transition Zone: Halloween Themed Dice Masters Events

I had an idea I was trying to iron out for a Halloween day event, but unfortunately no one at my LGS was interested in or available for an event on Halloween. Because of that I didn't playtest it to see how it went but the idea was this:
    Zombie Hordes
    Make a team, any team, with 7 cards, 16 dice. Your 8th slot must be filled with a common D&D zombie and 4 dice. Each turn, after your roll & reroll step if you are capable of buying a Zombie, you must do so or lose 5 life.

I'd thought about making it 6 cards 12 dice and then the zombie has 8 dice, but thought that might be a bit excessive (and not many people have 8 zombie dice available to them), so instead possibly use the common skeleton and zombie and call it hordes of the undead and you must buy an undead character each turn if possible or lose 5 life.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    I had an idea I was trying to iron out for a Halloween day event, but unfortunately no one at my LGS was interested in or available for an event on Halloween. Because of that I didn't playtest it to see how it went but the idea was this:
    Zombie Hordes
    Make a team, any team, with 7 cards, 16 dice. Your 8th slot must be filled with a common D&D zombie and 4 dice. Each turn, after your roll & reroll step if you are capable of buying a Zombie, you must do so or lose 5 life.

I'd thought about making it 6 cards 12 dice and then the zombie has 8 dice, but thought that might be a bit excessive (and not many people have 8 zombie dice available to them), so instead possibly use the common skeleton and zombie and call it hordes of the undead and you must buy an undead character each turn if possible or lose 5 life.
    Hello Dwarf Cleric!

Great thoughts Isaac. Pooling ideas from the greater community can help us ask the right questions of our local communities to get the input that makes these events desirable and successful.

I know of two stores (including mine) that did the following format:

Halloween Constructed
    All cards must have Villain affiliation or Evil alignment. No super rares allowed.

We did this last week and will be doing it again tomorrow. The diversity at these events so far has been great and it's been pretty balanced. I have to admit, this format immediately jumped up to be one of my favorites just after one event

REMEMBER THAT YOU GET A SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT IN THE EVENT SYSTEM FOR PLAYING ON HALOWEEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Flexei View Post
    Zombie Hordes

that is a harsh punishment for not buying a zombie....

Quote Originally Posted by joshaber View Post
    that is a harsh punishment for not buying a zombie....
    Well the idea is both players are suffering from an unrelenting surge of the undead and I would want players to play around that. After all the undead are purchased the player wouldn't have to worry about the 5 life loss again unless someone was using BL Aquaman.

oh, i thought if you bought all them then you would have to take 5