Thread: Akrham Horror anyone?

Akrham Horror anyone?

anyone play? is it still fun to play by yourself? I'm in the market for a Horror Themed game and this one seems to pop up alot on peoples fav lists.

It is, indeed, a great game in the world of H.P. Lovecraft. It's completely co-op, and in that sense can be played alone since you can control more than one character. It's very fun and intuitive to play, but the game is set against you and likes to win. Also, set-up and clean up can take just as long as playing the game AND it requires a great deal of table space.
    Elder Sign is a card/dice game abbreviated version of Arkham and, although it's easier to win, still has that sense of impending doom that all is lost to it.
    Also, if horror is your thing...we really like Betrayal on the House of the Hill. It doesn't have a solo-play ability since one of the players become the villain to defeat in order to win, but it plays on the haunted house themes like Evil Dead, The Haunting, and the like.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    +1 for Betrayal!

checking out Betrayal. thanks guys. that's another one that interested us in the past

Firstly, I think that Eldritch Horror is a completely streamlined version of Arkham Horror that plays and flows much better.
    Betrayal is also fun, but I've only played it once.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletJester View Post
    Firstly, I think that Eldritch Horror is a completely streamlined version of Arkham Horror that plays and flows much better.
    Betrayal is also fun, but I've only played it once.
    I was thinking of Eldritch..I wonder if that is better to start off on. It'll be mostly me and my kids. Which one is easier I guess would be the question?

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletJester View Post
    We haven't played Eldricth...need to give that version a try.

Eldritch Horror is a great game. One of my favourites. With kids though something a bit more luck based might be better. Elder Signs has more dice rolling and is much shorter (EH can go upwards of 3-4 hours) and is fun.