Thread: list of combos

list of combos

First of all, Hello everyone and thank you for making and mantaining this forum, it has helped me a lot with builds and with the never ending wizkids killer wording .

I started this thread because I want to complete a list (sort of) of the most usable and efficient combos in the game in general.
    Im not looking for specific builds, I just want al list of the proper combinations that work well together.
    I have two different kinds of decks, basically thematic ones wich are the ones I play with my girlfriend or with friends (aka all guardians of the galaxy or all red lanterns etc etc) they dont work together massively but we like the "flavour"
    and then I have sort of a list of competitive decks, and Ive been trying to arrange a list with this ones, I do some deckbuilding myself but its pretty disastrous XD, my own decks do work well together but then I see, I dont know... the spiderbomb (in its gold days) and a little tear comes from my soul.

I do want this list to make those decks and try to "teach" myself and my friend the "combo way of thinking" for improving.

The ones I have so far: (again I dont want to steal too much time from you, so I can look for the builds of the the decks on google, I just need the names to look for).

fliying sidekicks, gobby (tipical), tsarina (tipical, the colosus phoenix force afiliation, black manta retaliation, mr sinister nasty boy with villains, avengers patch, power ring source of imagination (I love this one), the SR jocasta with mjolnir for 8 damage.
    thanos unblockable (I dont know if there is a proper combo used normally for this build)
    the dragon deck with limited wish, human torch burn damage, jinzo lockdown, and a funny one with lex luthor, jocker, constantine not leaving your opponent to use anything.

I think thats more or less my knowledge. there are some cards that ought to have combos widely used but I dont find much, as iceman, hulk (is used on avenger with magic missile)

Thank you very much!, sorry if the post its a little disperse regarding what I ask (Main reason being my lack of extra cards and some dice, so when I play with friends a "thematic" team is easy to assemble, just picking up the characters you like and go together but I would want to have this ones ready to use, If we want to go competitive within ourselves.
    Thank you again and congrats for this great forum.

Quote Originally Posted by vonVile View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou103medium.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	3786 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou32medium.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	3788

with any Iron Man.
    I don't think either of those work the way you think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by dmrulesteam
    This card should be worded as:

When Angel attacks, all other attacking [Shield] characters that can be blocked, must be blocked before Angel dice can be blocked.
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...p?p=4601#p4601

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I don't think either of those work the way you think they do.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...p?p=4601#p4601
    I was just going to cite that ruling. Yea, in the above situation Thanos and War machine would definitely go unblocked, Angel would have to be blocked first and than Harley could be blocked, but still Thanos and War machine plus the BAC could potentially net 16 damage just from them.

I believe he/she has listed 3 different combo setups. One of which is turning an unblockable Thanos into an Avenger with the helicarrier so that with Patch active, allowing him to do 12 dmg twice.
    The second combo being Thanos (who is unblockable AND attacking) with Harley Quinn who consequently would also be unblockable since Thanos Can't be blocked would allow them both to go through.
    And finally Angel: Flying High with an Iron Man backed War Machine (so War Machine is unblockable AND assigned to attack with Angel) would also much like the Thanos /Harley combo would both go through since neither could be blocked.
    AT LEAST I THINK THIS IS WHAT HE THINKS HAPPENS.
    The cited ruling does not apply in this situation as it is assumed that the proposed characters ARE attacking together.
    But it is my understanding that since character (A) cannot be blocked, that that characters need to be blocked before character (B) can be blocked is nullified. Meaning that Angel / Harley would be just as blockable as ever.
    I don't know if there's a citing for that, but this is what I've heard through the competitive grapevine.

If you play somewhere that would normally allow the Angel combo to get through I would recommend using Namor: SubMariner instead of War Machine. Same to buy with the need for expensive Iron man, and cheaper fielding.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    But it is my understanding that since character (A) cannot be blocked, that that characters need to be blocked before character (B) can be blocked is nullified. Meaning that Angel / Harley would be just as blockable as ever.
    I don't know if there's a citing for that, but this is what I've heard through the competitive grapevine.
    The citing IS the ruling I referenced.

Ignore the context of the question and concentrate on the errata'd wording for Angel:

When Angel attacks, all other attacking [Shield] characters that can be blocked, must be blocked before Angel dice can be blocked.
    The "that can be blocked" that they added to Angel's card text is the key here.

If the other [Shield] characters cannot be blocked, then Angel can be blocked.

So any combo involving Angel and unblockable [Shield] characters does not work.

I think it is then not unreasonable to extend this ruling to other similarly worded cards, such as Harley, using the errata'd Angel card text as the precedence.

I like the combo of jocosta and Lyssa Drak: Future Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    The citing IS the ruling I referenced.

Ignore the context of the question and concentrate on the errata'd wording for Angel:

The "that can be blocked" that they added to Angel's card text is the key here.

If the other [Shield] characters cannot be blocked, then Angel can be blocked.

So any combo involving Angel and unblockable [Shield] characters does not work.

I think it is then not unreasonable to extend this ruling to other similarly worded cards, such as Harley, using the errata'd Angel card text as the precedence.
    I didn't know about that change with Angel.

As for Harley Quinn I'm going as the card states until there's a ruling from WK. If it isn't on the card then its allowed until its changed. Its WZ fault for not phasing their text correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by BlckSpd View Post
    Oh that is nasty (no pun intended...well yea it was). She would survive that on any of her levels and ping the opponent for 3. She may be left open for a "deal 1 to target character" ability by the opponent though on her first two levels.
    Jocosta "redirects" the 3 damage completely she doesn't take it and then inflict it.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeQue View Post
    Jocosta "redirects" the 3 damage completely she doesn't take it and then inflict it.
    That is incorrect as well. She prevents the damage, then deals equal damage to the opponent as character ability damage.

Does she redirect the full attack value or only the amount that would have effected her? For instance, if she is attacked while on her 1/4 side and the attacker has an attack value of 6, do they take 4 or 6? How do you resolve an attacker with overcrush? Does nothing get through then?

As much damage as is coming to her, she stops it and sends it back. It functions very much like a redirect but she is the source.

It does stop Overcrush since she isn't KO'd.

Correct. Her health/defense is irrelevant for her ability.