Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sidekick for iOS

Sidekick for iOS

Sidekick for Dice Masters by Aaron Schuetter
    https://appsto.re/us/-nEG8.i

This app looks phenomenal! Easily worth the $0.99.

Can anyone tell me if the app contains:

1) All Promos?
    a) Up to Teen Titans?
    b) Alternate art?

2) Errata card text?

3) Image of the card?

4) Ability to sync between devices? (I see that there is an account creation and ability to backup to cloud.)

1) I should have all of the promos. If I missed any, you can let me know at aschuetterapps@gmail.com
    a)Teen Titans OP is included in the app.
    b)There are listings for the alternate art cards.
    2) Card text should be the errata'ed version. Again, if I missed one, you can let me know at aschuetterapps@gmail.com and I will update the card's text.
    3) I didn't include any images of the cards, to simplify storage and bandwidth since no card data is packaged with the app.
    4) Account creation is there to sync between devices. I haven't added iPad support yet though, so it would really be most useful when moving to a new device right now.

Cool, thanks. Going to try it out tonight!

I will follow up using the supplied contact info if I have more questions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SK ASM PROMO V2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	272.6 KB 
ID:	3948

Happy Amazing Spider-Man week!

I just finished adding the complete Amazing Spider-Man set. The updated data will download automagically the next time you open the app. I haven't added the chase zombies yet, since I haven't seen anything confirming them yet. Once I see confirmation that they exist, I will add them.

I also submitted an update fixing a few bugs and a few small enhancements, including the ability to search by collection status. Apple usually takes a week to approve updates, so expect to see that sometime next week.

Thanks,
    Aaron
    Last edited by aschuetter; 11-17-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Ok phew I was gonna say I was having issues with the app, right now I can't login, and can't look at cards by rarity unless I put something in the search bar. Hopefully the update helps because right now in jumping through hoops going through cards.

Small update to Sidekick went out yesterday. I've been really busy lately, so nothing amazing, just a few bug fixes. Hope you guys are enjoying the app! Please, let me know if you have any issues whatsoever.

I'm new to the game and quickly found the app. I really like it so far. About the only thing I've found that I can't do is tell what set something is from when I search (thinking BACs). It might be there and I missed it. Either way it's not a big deal. Really useful for tracking inventory and experimenting with teams.

I'm glad you are finding it useful! In the next release, I'll add something on Basic Actions to indicate which set they are from. I completely overlooked that.

Looks like Faerun Under siege is up!
    This app is great. I've really been using the search function lately.

Recently I have been having issues with sets disappearing. Right now when I load up Faerun Under Siege, Amazing Spider-Man disappears from the list of sets and I can no longer look at the cards. When I close the app from my recent apps list and load up Marvel sets, Amazing Spider-Man appears, but if I try to look at Faerun Under Siege that set is gone.

Also have you made any headway on dice searching?

I'm currently working on changing the way all the data is stored in the app, which I'm hoping will fix this problem, but it will take a little while to implement. Once that is done, I can start work on the dice search.

Sorry that it is taking so long. I've been working on some very important back end changes that needed to be implemented first. Hopefully once those are done in the next few weeks, I can move focus to getting the app laid out correctly for iPads.

Just wanted to let you know that I've been having some issues with general searches in the app. If I search purely by cost, it comes up with no results, but if I specify a subtitles of a card in the range, it works. Along with that loading the full catalog doesn't load properly either (at all). Love the app and just want to say thanks for all the hard work on it!

Thanks for the heads up. I've been completely reworking the way data is stored in the app, and all these problems should be fixed in the next release, which should be in a week or so.

Name:	SK DCWF PROMO.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	4841

All data for the World's Finest has been uploaded for Sidekick.

It also has all the promos I know about, including Bat-mite, Collector's box Superman, and all the WKO cards.

Please let me know if you find any errors in the data. You can contact me quickly at aschuetterapps@gmail.com

Also, there is a huge update pending approval with Apple. It completely overhauls the local database, greatly improving the stability and speed of the app. It will stop that annoying bug where sets disappear sometimes. It also allows searching by card type (Basic Action, Action, Character).

Good luck with your pulls everyone, I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of my Gravity Feeds.
    Last edited by aschuetter; 03-17-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aschuetter View Post

Name:	SK DCWF PROMO.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	4841

All data for the World's Finest has been uploaded for Sidekick.

It also has all the promos I know about, including Bat-mite, Collector's box Superman, and all the WKO cards.

Please let me know if you find any errors in the data. You can contact me quickly at aschuetterapps@gmail.com

Also, there is a huge update pending approval with Apple. It completely overhauls the local database, greatly improving the stability and speed of the app. It will stop that annoying bug where sets disappear sometimes. It also allows searching by card type (Basic Action, Action, Character).

Good luck with your pulls everyone, I'm anxiously waiting the arrival of my Gravity Feeds.
    you rock!!!!

It looks like Apple finally approved the update!

I completely redid the way the app stores data, so it should finally stop losing sets and it is significantly faster.
    Please email me at aschuetterapps@gmail.com if you encounter any issues with the new update.

For more details, you can check out the Sidekick blog here. I also update there whenever new sets are available in the app, so you know what the app has automatically downloaded recently. (I should really add a popup window that shows on open when new data is available.)

NOTE: You will need to go to tools -> user settings then log out and back in to restore your collection and teams. Sorry about that!
    Last edited by aschuetter; 03-22-2016 at 02:45 PM.

I am investigating the issue of crashes when viewing sets. As far as I can tell, this is something that affects users upgrading from a previous version. Reinstalling the app will fix the issue.

Just bought the app and love it. Now to manually enter my collection data over from DiceMastersDB lol.

Noticed a naming error in the World's Finest. Bane's Common and Uncommon are both named the Uncommon version of Venom Enhanced. The card text is right, just the subtitle is wrong.