Thread: Dice Masters Doubles at Canadian Nationals

Dice Masters Doubles at Canadian Nationals

I just saw this on the WizKids event system. Looks like they will be having a Doubles side event at the Canadian Nationals. Still on the wrong side of the continent for me.

They also have a Colossal Card Crisis event where the winner gets a 30" x 42" Tsarina full art card.

Dice Masters Doubles
    Number of Players— Unlimited

The Dice Masters Doubles side event will be a Constructed Swiss-style mini-tournament where players enter as teams of 2. Each player should come to the event with 8 Sidekick Dice, 12 Basic Action Dice, 4 Indicator Cards, 1 Basic Action Card, and 4 Character/Action Dice. Each team of 2 players will have 8 Character/Action Cards and 2 Basic Action Cards in total. Each team of players needs to follow normal team construction rules: they can’t have more than one copy of a given character (such as 2 versions of the same named character or action) and their 2 Basic Action Cards can’t be the same card. Each Character/Action Card may have up to the maximum number of dice allowed for the card (no matter how many dice this puts on the team in total). Each player’s bag will begin the game with 8 Sidekick dice in it.
    Format

Entry Fee: $30.00 CAD per team ($15.00 CAD per player)
    Format: Dice Masters Doubles
    Multiple Swiss rounds followed by a Single-Elimination Top Cut
    Prize Structure*

Winner:
    Two (2) Uncut Marvel Dice Masters: Age of Ultron Card Sheets

Holy! Where in Canada is this? Hoping for somewhere central, and

Ah, Ottawa? A little too far for me.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Whoa, that sounds awesome! Uncut AOU? Giant sized Tsarina. I wonder what the turnout will be.

Very cool. I hope the winners post pictures of those unique prizes (as well as of the event itself)!

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Whoa, that sounds awesome! Uncut AOU? Giant sized Tsarina. I wonder what the turnout will be.
    My thoughts exactly man.... road trip to Canada, eh?

Blog Entries
    Making progress on my end. Looks more possible than previously thought. I'd say at least 50/50 for me now

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150427_094011.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	4.72 MB 
ID:	274

The uncut sheet unrolled and the giant Tsarina...

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    Are those yours??? Let's see the uncut up close!
    Yea, those are his. That's how we got our up close pics of the Super Rares. It's not a full set of AoU. Just an uncut sheet of SRs

Blog Entries
    7 if each SR, 6 of each zombie SR, and 1 of each chase.

That is awesome! Hope that Tsarina gets put in a nice frame at some point. Or you could put it up on Ebay...I think I might know a few people who would place bids on that...

That looks AWESOME. Maybe you could give it to your favourite Canadian.

Or Manitoban. Yeah, that works.

Blog Entries
    I'm not usually in the business of selling stuff, and I won't make a habit of listing stuff, but I figure some of you may be interested, and it is a supremely limited release item. Check out the Colossal Card version of Tsarina below:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/e12000...CA%3AUS%3A1123

Only 2x the cost of a regular Tsarina. Wonder if I could play with the colossal one :P

That's cool. I love Phil Noto's art. I would frame that and hang it on my wall. How are you going to ship that thing? Does it roll up?

Blog Entries
    Doesn't roll. USPS 2nd day priority, wrapped in wide packaging paper (faces together) then boxed in cardboard. It's barely within the 108 inch total (a length plus girth calculation). If the buyer is concerned about shipping, I can deliver at world's at Origins.

I find it amusing that there's a playable one on the "Recommended" links for $160 :P