Thread: an all global team

an all global team

out local game store has an event where all your characters have to have global abilities. You guys got any ideas, because im lost.

Interesting idea! It would seem like Human Paladin is almost a must, given how many globals are going to be flying around:

Ant-man would be first on my list.

I have a deck that ends up being half globals, but based around utilizing a bunch of actions. Specifically the BACs Power Bolt and Magic Missile and utilizing things like Red Dragon, Batman: Cowardly and Superstitious Lot, and Human Torch to just ping the enemy down. I also have Human Paladin on board, but only because of the fact that he helps me with little to no drawback due to the fact that I'm pinging them with so many sources of damage.

Anyway, on to what you'd probably want to look at first.

I agree with dwilhelmi, Human Paladin is probably going to be pretty important.

Any of the PxGs. Just because it's a global, so you might as well use it.

Antman could be good, like bahamut7 said. Just because you'll need something cheap to use.

Mr. Fantastic, either Brilliant Scientist or The Invincible Man work as psuedo removal at the cost of life. So you might look in to that.

If you plan on using actions I'd suggest looking in to Red Dragon and one of the Batman characters from WoL.

As a bit of a precaution to keep them from using all your globals, you can use Wasp: Founding Avenger.

Human Torch could be good as a source of extra damage.

And then I guess you could use BACs like Magic Missile, Transfer Power, Mystic Box. If you need churn you could use Resurrection and Villainous Pact. Take Cover could be good if you use it with Antman.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

I guess using Black Lanterns could potentially be viable here due to three of them having the same global? So you could just ramp off of that as well? I don't know, might be awful. Forget that suggestion.

Surprisingly, this idea is very limited at the moment. Currently there's only 35 characters (I don't know about YGO, so maybe 45-50), who have globals. Breaking that down by 8 that'll only leave you with 4-6 teams types.

I remember when I did a similar condition for an event where no character or global could do direct damage to the player. That removed a hell of a lot that was playable and really forced the players to think up a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frubzors View Post
    I have a deck that ends up being half globals, but based around utilizing a bunch of actions. Specifically the BACs Power Bolt and Magic Missile and utilizing things like Red Dragon, Batman: Cowardly and Superstitious Lot, and Human Torch to just ping the enemy down. I also have Human Paladin on board, but only because of the fact that he helps me with little to no drawback due to the fact that I'm pinging them with so many sources of damage.

Anyway, on to what you'd probably want to look at first.

I agree with dwilhelmi, Human Paladin is probably going to be pretty important.

Any of the PxGs. Just because it's a global, so you might as well use it.

Antman could be good, like bahamut7 said. Just because you'll need something cheap to use.

Mr. Fantastic, either Brilliant Scientist or The Invincible Man work as psuedo removal at the cost of life. So you might look in to that.

If you plan on using actions I'd suggest looking in to Red Dragon and one of the Batman characters from WoL.

As a bit of a precaution to keep them from using all your globals, you can use Wasp: Founding Avenger.

Human Torch could be good as a source of extra damage.

And then I guess you could use BACs like Magic Missile, Transfer Power, Mystic Box. If you need churn you could use Resurrection and Villainous Pact. Take Cover could be good if you use it with Antman.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

I guess using Black Lanterns could potentially be viable here due to three of them having the same global? So you could just ramp off of that as well? I don't know, might be awful. Forget that suggestion.
    thank you!

No problem, man. If you want any help with actually building the team instead of just me saying random cards, feel free to shoot me a message. I love deckbuilding, so this would probably be a fun challenge for me.
    i also like deck building to. This event really made me think.

Was playing with this some more, and found a fun combo:

with Iron Man Tinhead (no picture; is there an age of ultron colon code yet? couldn't get one to work)
    Pay . Target character becomes a Villain until end of turn.
    This gives you targeted removal of anything for a mask and a bolt, and as long as you have Human Paladin out they can't use it against you. All kinds of fun!

Alright, now we're starting to get somewhere fun with this.

We also get BEWD, so we could use that or PxG for our ramp. Or both. I'm not picky.

We also have Kitty Pride as a deterrent to them attacking. Not sure it will be enough, but it can help if we're trying to Mr. Fantastic them in to attack with certain characters and not attacking with other ones. Like forcing them to attack with a Jinzo so we don't have to deal with the stupid amount of damage we'd have to take. >.>

Not sure it's something that could be good, but Mr Nasty also exists? I don't know how I feel about the global though.

Zehnarm, that's an interesting looking team. But it wants a couple different things to work. I like the Namor idea, seems pretty interesting. Neat interaction you could have with him being alone on your opponents turn and being able to PxG to field sidekick dice that was.

The Slifer/PxG interaction is weird though. It looks like you will spend turns where you do nothing but ramp, followed by turns of Slifering/PxG'ng to try and keep up with the opponent. Which seems kind of counterintuitive. You'll need the be able to do a bit more than that.

Gobby also looks like he'd be better for that list. The whole thing looks a bit janky.

Have you actually had a chance to play it yet? If so, how did it go?

I decided to have a go at this challenge. I collected all my cards that have globals and than began siphoning down to 8...which was not easy.

First off, the obvious 3:
    1.) Human Paladin - Lesser Emerald Enclave
    2.) Wasp - Founding Avenger
    3.) Professor X - Recruiting Young Mutants

With 10 globals from my team alone, protection is a necessity. Wasp is there to punish global usage regardless of who it targets. With all these globals, I will need energy to use them and purchase/field characters (even though, most of my final choices cost 4 or less to purchase).

Next comes some good low cost characters for offense and defense:
    4.) Ultron Drone - 1 of a Million
    5.) Mr. Fantastic - Brilliant Scientist

The 1 in a million drone has the benefit of not needing ultron to do damage plus he is a villain and you should always have a villain on your team. Mr. Fantastic offers some spot removal which is always nice.

I wanted another low cost hitter and this guy led to another choice:
    6.) Ant-Man - Pym Particles
    7.) Mystical Elf - Everlasting Support

Ant-man's global is well known and works very well with Mystical Elf (making her easier to knock out), Mr. Fantastic, and even Professor X himself. The elf gives me some extra ramp and life gain which should never be ignored when able.

My final character was a tough one. So many choices that could easily slide into this team, but I decided to use one of my favorite characters and a version I had yet to implement:
    8.) Venom - Mac Garnum

Yes, he is a cost 5 Beast (I don't own beast), but his beefier stats give me a nice closer with his 2 damage and 1 life gain ability. Not to mention, I can weaken opponents fist characters.

BACs:
    Magic Missile and Polymorph

Magic Missile makes KOs on the Mystical Elf far easier and Polymorph can stop an opponents paladin or other annoying character (not mention speed up my characters fielding). If I were attending an event like yours, I may adjust a few choices, but most likely throw in Captain America's Shield - One of a kind as its ability is pretty nice.

Edit: I normally avoid globals as I don't care to empower my opponent, so I named the team Global Overload.

That actually looks like a pretty solid list, bahamut. Pretty well rounded I'd say as well. I like the fact that there's so much indirect damage along with all the potential for direct damage you can deal. And the removal package you have is pretty sweet as well. If you get a chance to test that list out I'd love to hear about it.

As for myself, I'm trying to put something together as well. With pretty much the first three characters being set in stone for the team. Or at least I think that a team like this needs those three characters. I'll let you know what I come up with.

This is my team from the all globals event. I placed 2nd (one day I'll get you @IsaacBV ). I messed up by forgetting that I had Mera's global to get rid of the damage from one of his attacks.

Basic Action Card - Resurrection BFF
    Basic Action Card - Take Cover AvX
    3 x Ant-Man - Pym Particles UXM
    1 x Mera - Mournful Rage WoL
    4 x Ultron Drone - 1 of a Million AoU
    4 x Wasp - Founding Avenger AoU
    2 x Human Paladin - Lesser Emerald Enclave BFF
    3 x Human Torch - "Flame On!" AvX
    1 x Professor X - Recruiting Young Mutants UXM
    2 x Venom - Angelo Fortunato AvX

That actually looks like a pretty solid list, bahamut. Pretty well rounded I'd say as well. I like the fact that there's so much indirect damage along with all the potential for direct damage you can deal. And the removal package you have is pretty sweet as well. If you get a chance to test that list out I'd love to hear about it.

As for myself, I'm trying to put something together as well. With pretty much the first three characters being set in stone for the team. Or at least I think that a team like this needs those three characters. I'll let you know what I come up with.
    Thank you. It wasn't easy and I was torn on the 8th slot. I like my teams to have options so I'm limited. Of course, today I just pulled the Rare Slifer with the Magic Missile global...so I may try him instead of Venom. This would allow me to rethink one of the other BACs that I was considering (Plus a 10 attack on one die is always tempting). Hwetzel, I like what you threw together and almost threw in Venom - Angelo Fortunato myself, but I use him so much that I wanted to change it up a bit.

Venom was a big help for me. Right before the start of the OP I pulled a Rare Slifer you were talking about and almost switched him out for Venom. Kinda glad I didn't because how well Venom cleared the board and kept it clear for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hwetzel View Post
    Venom was a big help for me. Right before the start of the OP I pulled a Rare Slifer you were talking about and almost switched him out for Venom. Kinda glad I didn't because how well Venom cleared the board and kept it clear for me.
    His ability is top notch which is why Eddie Brock and Mac Garnum have been largely ignored by me.