Thread: Swarm ability - how works?

Swarm ability - how works?

Swarm:
    While active, whenever you draw one of this character’s dice from your bag
    during the Clear and Draw Step, draw one additional die. You only draw one die no
    matter how many copies of this die are active. This ability can trigger multiple times
    per turn. It does not trigger for different characters that also have the swarm ability.

If i have a kobold and an orc , and draw one of each, May i draw 2 more dice? i dont´understand the last paragraph, i believe said that i cannot trigger for each swarm character, but im not sure.

Orcs don't trigger kobolds, and Kobold don't trigger orcs, but both orcs and kobolds can trigger in the same turn.

If you have a Kobold and an Orc fielded and you draw one Orc and one Kobold during Clear and Draw, then you may draw two more dice.

If you have a Kobold fielded and you draw one Orc during Clear and Draw, then you may not draw any more dice.

Basically if you draw a die with Swarm that matches one you have fielded, then you may draw an additional die.

If you draw a die with Swarm that does not match one you have fielded, then you may not.

Hope that answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Cass View Post
    Semi-related question: do dice I roll from the prep area count as being "drawn" or does it only count dice physically drawn from the bag? Would these prepped dice trigger swarm or no?
    Dice in the prep area are not considered to be drawn. After drawing 4 dice from your bag (refill or no refill) you add the dice in your prep area to them for your first roll. A die will only be considered "drawn" if you draw the die from your bag.