Thread: Deadpool and Gelly

Deadpool and Gelly

So Deadpool Jack can't be used to trigger the condition for Gelatinous Cube's capture can it?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1056173.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	253.8 KB 
ID:	3876 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	3877

Sure it can. Deadpool names the blocker. That Blocker gets knocked out. You can then pay the shield to capture that KOd die as long as you have a spare shield and Gelatinous Cube is in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    Sure it can. Deadpool names the blocker. That Blocker gets knocked out. You can then pay the shield to capture that KOd die as long as you have a spare shield and Gelatinous Cube is in the field.
    If the blocker isn't KO during the attack step, it would not trigger the cube. DP KOs at the end of the turn, not during the attack step.

hmm, good point. Looks like I am wrong. Although I suspect my local players would probably play it the way I said until someone pointed that out.

Yep, unfortunately, Deadpool's ability KOs the character during Cleanup, and Cleanup is not part of the Attack Step.

This is actually something I specifically asked about at worlds because I had wanted to run those two together and it got shot down for the reasons already discussed.

Feel free to try and make Punisher/Gelly work, though. I never could get it to be as effective as I'd like.

Drow Assassin: Paragon Humanoid might work ok since it specifies the attach step.
    "At the end of the attack step, knock out all adventurers engaged with this character."
    Although less effective than Deadpool would have been.

Adventurers is so specific though. In DnD, that is a good combo though.