Thread: How do I get my local shop involved?

How do I get my local shop involved?

Greetings,

I am fairly new to the Dicemasters scene but the first time I played, I was hooked. My local shop is my refuge and my absolute favorite place to play. It is also the first place I discovered the game. I have a dilemma though. The product itself (Dicemasters), is not very popular and to make matters worse, the stuff is not selling off of the shelves at a pace that I believe could motivate my shop to be more active in creating events and getting new product.
    My question is this. How can I get my shop to get more active in the Dicemasters scene and also convince them to get some of the great new product lines coming out? Any advice would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by JWWEST View Post
    Greetings,

I am fairly new to the Dicemasters scene but the first time I played, I was hooked. My local shop is my refuge and my absolute favorite place to play. It is also the first place I discovered the game. I have a dilemma though. The product itself (Dicemasters), is not very popular and to make matters worse, the stuff is not selling off of the shelves at a pace that I believe could motivate my shop to be more active in creating events and getting new product.
    My question is this. How can I get my shop to get more active in the Dicemasters scene and also convince them to get some of the great new product lines coming out? Any advice would be great.
    Teach three people to play then hold a draft. You can do your own draft, just have all 4 people buy 12 packs and commit them to a draft.

Once folks see you playing, they'll want to watch, or get into the game themselves.

Another thing you could do, is sponsor a Mock Draft. With 4-6 folks that know how to play, you can buy yourself a gravity feed and dish out packs like you were drafting, and let your friends draft from them. At the end of the draft you will collect your cards and dice back, but everyone got to play with them and enjoy the product, even though you paid for it and you are keeping it. One thing you could do is offer to give your duplicate commons and uncommons away to the winner of the draft, if you need to incentivize folks to play.

Again, once folks see the pretty rainbow or the store sees you getting a reliable 6 folks a week, they'll probably start supporting you. 6 folks is a full gravity feed, and if they charge 15$ they can make their money and then some on the events. This will also allow you to encourage them to order OP packs, and to post the event on the WKEvent System to advertise the events locally.

The Owner of my FLGS is pretty active on Facebook and will do quite a bit of promo work on there - especially when he has 3/4 good customers who are looking to grow a scene. He'll post pictures on busy Saturday's of us playing Dicemasters and add a note saying we'd be happy to do a demo etc post on here if interested. I know that's drawn a few people to the game.

There's no reason why you couldn't get something like that going for yourself - a 'Dicemasters X town' page or something - there might just be 2/3 people around who would be sitting at home with a family of players who would consider coming down if they new there was a guaranteed game...

I would agree with all of the above and add to make sure you cultivate new players with teaching them how to do well. Its easy to be a up on a new guy but you and your scene will improve if everyone is a good competitor.