Thread: Article: Amazing Spider Man Spoilers: The Return!

Article: Amazing Spider Man Spoilers: The Return!

ASM seems like a very good set. I like rotting goblin a lot, basically the new gobby but a bit better.

Vulture UC, Scarlet Spidey UC for Prismatic effect with Underdog, Doctor Octopus... <3

BLade Deal 2 damage get 2 life. Green Goblin Rare i thnink was, field him for free deal both 1 damage.

And Black Widow aftershock = 1 damage to opponent(strong..)

Spider-Man Webslinger from AvX and Luke Cage Hero for Hire looks like a nifty little combo.

Green Goblin zombie mentions like other cards "Opponents" so we can see a development to 2 on 2s or even Free For ALl Brawls!

I'm really disappointed in Lizard... Every time I see a character with 1/2/3 fielding cost, I do a mental check to see how they stack up against Vibe and this Lizard seems like a straight downgrade. Abysmal defenses and worse attack values mean that unless you're running some HEAVY board wipe, Lizard just isn't going to be worth running out of set.

I really want the glass cannon idea to work out, but that's going to require much cheaper fielding costs or reasonable compensation for the 6-TFC like a 5/7/8 attack spread. Until they make a character like that, Drax - Pained + Ant Man's global is the best we have for a super fast beatstick.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    I'm really disappointed in Lizard... Every time I see a character with 1/2/3 fielding cost, I do a mental check to see how they stack up against Vibe and this Lizard seems like a straight downgrade. Abysmal defenses and worse attack values mean that unless you're running some HEAVY board wipe, Lizard just isn't going to be worth running out of set.

I really want the glass cannon idea to work out, but that's going to require much cheaper fielding costs or reasonable compensation for the 6-TFC like a 5/7/8 attack spread. Until they make a character like that, Drax - Pained + Ant Man's global is the best we have for a super fast beatstick.
    Yes we had about 6 Lizards and the Uncommon i believe lets you say , that target character can not block but only if a die leaves the field. I was thinking cool idea but the fielding costs where to high for it.

Quote Originally Posted by riothebeast View Post
    Personally I don't see green goblin that great. If you white tiger setting up for this it gives the opponent way to much to be able to use for bewd. If goblin was what they previewed it as being damage from the amount of sidekicks on both sides it would have been great.
    I think you're focusing too much on what Zombie Green Goblin does and not enough on what you can do with him. Not only does he fit in as a nice 3-cost character, but he also punishes your opponent for having sidekicks on the field. Most of all, he's a low-cost burn option for shields which have been severely lacking. Specifically, he fits as the perfect complement to Jinzo in that they form a nasty pincer attack. If your opponent is using PXG to ramp, Jinzo is going to be a heavy life tax; if they're fielding their sidekicks to avoid clogging their bag, Zombie Gobby is going to deal significant damage; and if they don't field or PXG their sidekicks, they're going to be playing with a miniscule economy and horrible churn.

Zombie Gobby brings burn to an energy type that was severely lacking a real way to deal damage and fits beautifully into an existing setup to punish your opponent no matter what happens. He's not as disgustingly OP as regular Gobby, but he's definitely good and I think this is a very reasonable power level for Gobby's more moderate incarnation.

Can I just give a big +1 to @Necromanticer here? Absolutely perfect explanation of why Rotting Goblin will definitely warrant play.

While it's a very poor combo in terms of consistency and even power, can I just say that White Tiger + Green Goblin: Rotting Goblin + Red Skull: Undying Evil sounds hilarious?

Zombie - When fielded, KO all non-zombie Red Skull in the field.
    While active, opponent can't attack with more than 1 Sidekick per turn. Captain America can't attack either.

Not only is your opponent forced into a weird spot, but they cannot even try to get rid of their sidekicks en masse with a huge attack with Red Skull on the board, while they are quickly being eaten away by zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Green Goblin zombie mentions like other cards "Opponents" so we can see a development to 2 on 2s or even Free For ALl Brawls!
    it's also a step in the right direction in terms of wording. even if WK doesn't support more than 1v1 anytime soon they are at least wording things in a way that prevents confusion if/when they do. they do have doubles rules in the book and on the site so maybe it's an effort to encourage that style.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwannabe View Post
    Marvel Zombie vs Black lanterns! Make it happen Osprey
    Can do! ( SPOILERS BLACK LANTERNS WILL WIN <3 )

I really do want cards that tie the zombies together like the Black Lanterns have, playing a zombie list would be really cool. Unfortunately, they're currently built to be splashable counters or power cards rather than a coherent archetype. Once I get more zombies though, you bet I'll build a list with them all!