Thread: Vulture - Adrian Toomes

Vulture - Adrian Toomes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MDM4_03Uncommon-104-Vulture_Adrian-Toomes.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	791.5 KB 
ID:	3937
    Ok, So I come from magic, and in magic, if an 2 abilities are in the same paragraph, then they are intrinsically connected. Is the same true about Dice Masters?

For example, Vulture - Adrian Toomes says " When Vulture blocks, deal 1 damage to each attacking character die. When any character die leaves the field zone, Vulture gets +4A until end of turn." I assume that the second sentence only occurs if the first sentence happens, so this card is only really defensive, but someone was telling me about a combo where you could pump Vulture up by KOing your own sidekicks while in your attack phase.

So, which one of us is right? If he is then this card seems WAY to good for only 4.

It doesn't directly connect. Two separate effects. He's gonna be a powerful card, especially with the Silver Sable that lets you Sacrifice her to make a character unblockable.

You mean especially with Hulk that lets you blow up their board and lets you swing for 20+ with just 1 Vulture die? If so, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    You mean especially with Hulk that lets you blow up their board and lets you swing for 20+ with just 1 Vulture die? If so, I agree.
    These are the sorts of things that make me wonder if the wording does not match intent, and if an errata will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Casualties ruling says that "When X happens", if one effect makes several things simultaneously trigger, it only triggers once.

I.e. "When a Sidekick is KO'd" only triggers once, even if multiple Sidekicks are KO'd by one effect. I expect it would be the same here (if you're talking about GG wiping a whole board at once). Now if you mean Jade Giant, each KO would trigger a +4A and that could get nasty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Casualties ruling says that "When X happens", if one effect makes several things simultaneously trigger, it only triggers once.

I.e. "When a Sidekick is KO'd" only triggers once, even if multiple Sidekicks are KO'd by one effect. I expect it would be the same here (if you're talking about GG wiping a whole board at once). Now if you mean Jade Giant, each KO would trigger a +4A and that could get nasty quick.
    That's what I was assuming, but I can see how people could get confused there. I think Scum probably meant jade as well.

And this is why you bring Distraction or Millenium Puzzle

I meant Jade, indeed. Though GG could result in a huge Vulture as well since you're likely converting your sidekicks into bolts anyway which would make Vulture at least +8 (4 from sidekicks, 4 from board wipe and if their characters don't all KO at once +4 again).

I agree that, as written, and based on previous rulings, these are two different, unconnected, effects.

Whether that was the intention or not is a different matter.

As i remember it correctly, if i block with 2 Vultures, and my oponnent has Green Goliath(Hulk) as attacker, i will do all attackers 1 Damage-> Hulk deals 3 dmg -> both vultures are ko and second vulture cannot do hist effect anymore, because Active player comes first?

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    As i remember it correctly, if i block with 2 Vultures, and my oponnent has Green Goliath(Hulk) as attacker, i will do all attackers 1 Damage-> Hulk deals 3 dmg -> both vultures are ko and second vulture cannot do hist effect anymore, because Active player comes first?
    Both Vultures would be assigned to block. Both of their effects would process, all attacking characters would get 1+1 damage, and Hulk would trigger twice.