Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Character in the Game?

Best Character in the Game?

So me and a few friends were having a discussion on what the best character in the game is. Not individual character card, but across all types of their card?

For example, Beast has some great cards from AvX and 1 in AoU but some tricky to use other cards. Storm is great in AvX but niche in Uncanny.

My personal favourite set of character cards is the Red Eyes Black Dragon from YGO, but Constantine might be the best, across all his cards, even his OP is great.

Storm could give Connie a run for his money, I have seen every version of her in a deck at some point, though heroic...

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    So me and a few friends were having a discussion on what the best character in the game is. Not individual character card, but across all types of their card?

For example, Beast has some great cards from AvX and 1 in AoU but some tricky to use other cards. Storm is great in AvX but niche in Uncanny.

My personal favourite set of character cards is the Red Eyes Black Dragon from YGO, but Constantine might be the best, across all his cards, even his OP is great.
    A few characters who I think pretty much have good cards across the board:

Lyssa Drak
    Black Manta
    Guy Gardner (Okay, maybe 3 out of 4)
    Raven
    Captain Marvel

Vixen.

Someone had to say it.

I'll show myself out...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Hulk. No contest.
    Even including AoU?

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Even including AoU?
    Yep.

Hulk. No contest.
    He's only got 2 good cards out of 7 though. And the others from AvX is beyond useless no?

What about Professor X? Two from the UXM set are used constantly for ramp while all three from the AvX set are excellent control cards.

He's only got 2 good cards out of 7 though. And the others from AvX is beyond useless no?
    No.

Anger Issues and Annihilator are just awaiting the right support cards.

And of the AoU Hulks Big Green, Bruce, and Gamma Powered are all really nice.

Only Smash! is a little weak.

I'm not including the ASM Hulks, because it's hard to be sure just how much impact Aftershock is going to have on the game.

Can we get some love for the spooky scary skeleton man?

Marvel - Spiderman wins in my opinion. All his versions (heroic hasn't been mastered yet, though Warth gives hope...no pun intended), are really solid and provide a good balance between control, "direct damage," defense, and offense.

DC - I can't pick one character, but I have to say the Action cards (not basic actions) are top notch and are the most accessible for unlimited than the other sets.

D&D - Kobolds, Ramp and Churn at the same time? That is a double win. This is the card that picky players would normally never touch anything but capes, want and will use.

Yu-Gi-Oh - This set is full of gems that makes this extremely difficult, but if I had to pick one, it would be Jinzo's rare. This is because he taxes your opponent for using 2 of the game's main foundations (globals and actions). He does this also by making you pay life not take damage. Nothing reduces this as you pay life not take damage. Also, his stats are good for defending and attacking as well.

Best Card hmmm Millenium Puzzle and Wolverine Formerly Weapon Ten

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Best Card hmmm Millenium Puzzle and Wolverine Formerly Weapon Ten
    The question was about which character as a whole. Wolverine has a few useful cards but the majority oft the hem are useless though, no?

The question was about which character as a whole. Wolverine has a few useful cards but the majority oft the hem are useless though, no?
    In fairness, every single version of Millenium Puzzle is a really good card :P

Hulk. No contest.
    I have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    In fairness, every single version of Millenium Puzzle is a really good card :P
    But not a character

Now Iron Fist, on the other hand, every version of his character is amazing.

Oh then i misunderstand it sorry ^^' .

Best Character for over everything with every card in mind hmmm. I think Green Goblin AVX and Black Manta, both have with every card a good but also different Effect and costs are very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    Deadpool. Reliable removal and each card has this same ability yet scales up in power with rarity.
    Good call. His fielding costs are amazing also.