Thread: Article: Pretending to Know Stuff Vol.3

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries

Article: Pretending to Know Stuff Vol.3

Changing gears is something I truly struggle with. If anyone can offer some pointers in that space I'm all ears.

I can put together a pretty reasonable team and have a good clear picture of my win con, but go to pot when I can run my first couple of turns the way I planned it out.

Or I get all scatty and flustered and make dumb, DUMB decisions on the fly.

To some extent is just a matter of time - my noobiness will surely subside as I become increasingly familiar with other teams and build more experience!

Surely?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueMisterSix View Post
    Changing gears is something I truly struggle with. If anyone can offer some pointers in that space I'm all ears.

I can put together a pretty reasonable team and have a good clear picture of my win con, but go to pot when I can run my first couple of turns the way I planned it out.

Or I get all scatty and flustered and make dumb, DUMB decisions on the fly.

To some extent is just a matter of time - my noobiness will surely subside as I become increasingly familiar with other teams and build more experience!

Surely?
    Definitely. Playing midrange is my suggestion if you want to practice. What do I mean by midrange? Something that can swap from aggro to control on a dime to adjust to whatever is placed in front of it. I liked the article @Isaavbv wrote recently about confidence because it's something I often see players in my locals struggle with. I know that they have what it takes because I've seen them show me what they can do before, but time and time again, getting flustered will do a better job of beating them than whatever team they are facing. Stay calm and play on!

Useful comments man, cheers.

I'll put some thought into playing more "mid-range". I didn't see @IsaacBV 's article so I'll track that down too.

It's right here for anyone interested: http://www.thereservepool.com/conten...one-Confidence

I`m pretty critical at the best of times, so trust me people, this one is definitely worth a read. Even if you have tons of confidence already, it can help you to understand the mindsets of other players, especially if you are trying to teach them how to get better.