Thread: Jocasta, Creating discussions since....

Jocasta, Creating discussions since....

Good day fellows,

I came to your WIDE knowledge to solve one little conflict that occur yesterday during a local store in my town.
    I was playing a nice and clean Mono Bolt team, and im really excited because FINALLY i had the chance to use my Brand new Jocasta SR in combination with Mr. Sinister global. When i was having the beautiful 6 bolts in my reserve and 3 Jocasta dices in the field zone, and i decided that it was time to finish the game and show my final move, Then i paid 2 bolts to trigger the Global ability of Mr. Sinister, i chose the first one from left to right and my opponent proceed to reduce his hp to 6, and then i paid another 2 bolts to trigger again Mr. Sinister global, and selected the 2nd one of my Jocastas, and my opponent chose one sidekick and he didnt reduce his life pts, i was in SHOCK, my final gambit, my final movement and this guy just claimed that it was just one time due the fact the card said "the first time...." i proceed to counter his argument with my point of view of jocasta. "its per die"... Then the storm begins, some of my friends claimed the same that i did, some other guys expressed that it was per card. At the end the head judge didnt know how to explain because theres no ruling for this kind of issues, in specific Jocasta ruling.

Here my question: Does jocasta procs for every die in play or per character just one time?

Im hoping that you can help me with the issue and get a response ASAP because the Troll and Toad tournament is this coming Sat and Sun, and i really want to use this Team.

If damage is the trigger, it's per die, because cards can't take damage.

It's simple as that, and there are server rules that back this up, including things like Black widow attacking. Unless it says "while active" you can usually start with the assumption that it is per die, but that isn't always the case.

ok, so if, an example, Human torch johnny storm, triggers 4 times and i chose 4 different dices, my opponent receive 4 damage total, 1 per damage redirected from each jocasta die, correct?

Per die is most consistent with the rules and previous rulings.

Not only is she triggered by damage but she is self-referential, so her ability can be read:

"The first time each turn this die would be dealt damage, instead deal that damage to your opponent."

See: http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...&t=2286&p=7357

Quote Originally Posted by Speedalch View Post
    Here my question: Does jocasta procs for every die in play or per character just one time?
    You may have already seen the relevant post, but WK has since ruled that Jocasta only triggers once despite how many of her dice may take damage during the turn. Her ability is similar to "while active" abilities in that it refers to the character itself and not the individual character dice.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Per die dude. You got screwed.
    Wizkids changed the ruling on Jocasta. It is now the first Jocasta die takes damage. Any additional dies taking damage do not trigger her ability.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Wizkids changed the ruling on Jocasta. It is now the first Jocasta die takes damage. Any additional dies taking damage do not trigger her ability.
    Changed? Well I've been out for a couple of months (ban and lack of tourneys). Oh well

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Changed? Well I've been out for a couple of months (ban and lack of tourneys). Oh well
    Yea it happens in games like this. I honestly had no problem with the original intent of the card, but I guess too many people complained. Hell, so many people complained about PXG that they added the Out of Play section.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamut7 View Post
    Yea it happens in games like this. I honestly had no problem with the original intent of the card, but I guess too many people complained. Hell, so many people complained about PXG that they added the Out of Play section.
    Out of play? The Transition zone or out of play action dice?

Transition Zone, Out of Play (official name), same thing. Basically where you send dice that you spent on your turn before they go to the used pile during your opponent's turn.

It's fair to have out of play.

Anyway off topic and I think this thread has come to a conclusion.