Thread: Hulk - Jade Giant VS Retaliation: How and How Often?

Hulk - Jade Giant VS Retaliation: How and How Often?

Ok here a Situation that i can not solve by my own, please Help me!

On my Opponents Field he has one Hulk: Jade GIant (lvl1).
    (Hulk - Jade Giant: While Hulk is active, when either you or Hulk takes damage, knock out one of your opponent's level 1 characters.
    * Instead knock out one opposing character of any level.)

On my Field i have one Batman:World's Greatest Detective, Wonder Woman: Trinity War and Aquaman: Orin.
    (Retaliation - If an affiliated character is KO'd, deal 1 damage to an opposing player.) for Batman and Aquaman.

Scenario: Opponent Pings Hulk and KOs Wonder Woman. Aquaman and Batman deal 1 dmg each with Retaliation.

Question 1:
    How often Would Hulk trigger now?
    a) Hulk would Trigger Twice because of Batman and Aquamans Retaliation, because its 2 different sources.
    b) Hulk would Trigger once because the retaliation occurs only one time.

Question 2:
    How does Hulk Trigger?
    a) One KO after another
    b) He can KO both at the same time

From my FB reply...

The AvX Hulks all create some of the most mind bending timing issues:

- Player pings Hulk with Magic Missile.
    -- Hulk KO (1) triggers.

- Hulk KO (1) resolves and KOs Wonder Woman.
    -- Batman retaliation (2) triggers.
    -- Aquaman retaliation (3) triggers.

- Batman retaliation (2) resolves and pings Hulk's owner.
    -- Hulk KO (4) triggers.

- Aquaman retaliation (3) resolves and pings Hulk's owner.
    -- Hulk KO (5) triggers.

- Hulk KO (4) resolves and KO's Batman.
    -- Aquaman retaliation (6) triggers.

- Hulk KO (5) resolves and KO's Aquaman.

- Aquaman retaliation (6) resolves and pings Hulk's owner.
    -- Hulk KO (7) triggers.

- Hulk KO (7) resolves and fizzles.
    Last edited by Scorpion0x17; 11-19-2015 at 03:07 AM.

Summary of Board State changes: Hulk owner takes 2 damage, Hulk has taken 1 damage, JLA owner would lose the above listed characters +1 due to Jade Giant's effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Hulk's owner takes 3 damage, @Shadowmeld , not 2.
    You are correct! I even corrected myself mentally on that note while I was writing things up. Ah well, that's what I get for posting at 3 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    You are correct! I even corrected myself mentally on that note while I was writing things up. Ah well, that's what I get for posting at 3 AM.
    And you made me realise I needed to go back and change the "pings Hulk"s to "pings Hulk's owner"s.

I remember that game Ressless. The Hulk owner had 2 bolts in reserve and was at 3 life, his opponent had the Batman, Wonderwoman, Aquaman and Robin out.

If I'm understanding how everything works correctly the winning play would have been.

Magic missile Hulk to Ko Batman which triggers retaliation on Aquaman. Hulk owner takes 1 damage and ko's Wonderwoman which again triggers retaliation on Aquaman and ko's Aquaman. You can then use the last last bolt to Magic missile Hulk again to ko Robin.

That would have cleared the whole board and only made the Hulk owner take 2 damage right guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakolich View Post
    I remember that game Ressless. The Hulk owner had 2 bolts in reserve and was at 3 life, his opponent had the Batman, Wonderwoman, Aquaman and Robin out.

If I'm understanding how everything works correctly the winning play would have been.

Magic missile Hulk to Ko Batman which triggers retaliation on Aquaman. Hulk owner takes 1 damage and ko's Wonderwoman which again triggers retaliation on Aquaman and ko's Aquaman. You can then use the last last bolt to Magic missile Hulk again to ko Robin.

That would have cleared the whole board and only made the Hulk owner take 2 damage right guys?
    Yes, if there are two retaliation characters, and he's on three life, then he has to KO one retaliation character first, in order to survive.

I take it the retaliation player was on low enough life that the hulk player was able to then swing in with hulk for the win?

Yes, if there are two retaliation characters, and he's on three life, then he has to KO one retaliation character first, in order to survive.

I take it the retaliation player was on low enough life that the hulk player was able to then swing in with hulk for the win?
    Oh he had a full board of stuff along with the hulk, sidekicks, kobolds ect... he had plenty of damage to swing for lethal as long as he ko'd all blockers.

I had 20 Life almost the whole game. :O Batman is awesome ! But yeah i think he could have done it(not 100% sure) , Venom 4/4, Hulk 6/6, 2 Kobolds 1/1 , 2 Sidekicks 1/1 , Black Widow 2/3 and Constantine 3/3 something like this(or even more). I think with one blocker (Robin) i would be KOd.
    But hey thats game. Everybody plays different.