Thread: Silver Sable Hero for Hire + White Tiger Razor Sharp

Silver Sable Hero for Hire + White Tiger Razor Sharp

Silver Sable Hero for Hire
    You may sacrifice Silver Sable during your Main Step. If you do, target character die is unblockable this turn.

White Tiger Razor Sharp
    When fielded, you may sacrifice another character to give this one +3A until end ofturn (sacrificed characters go to the Used Pile).

If I sacrifice Silver Sable when I field White Tiger, does White Tiger get +3 attack AND become unblockable?

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post

Silver Sable Hero for Hire
    You may sacrifice Silver Sable during your Main Step. If you do, target character die is unblockable this turn.

White Tiger Razor Sharp
    When fielded, you may sacrifice another character to give this one +3A until end ofturn (sacrificed characters go to the Used Pile).

If I sacrifice Silver Sable when I field White Tiger, does White Tiger get +3 attack AND become unblockable?
    No, you can't avoid paying a cost, and in this case, each sacrifice is a separate cost of activating an ability. To get this combo to work Sable would need to say something like "If this character leaves play" or more specifically "if you sacrifice this character". Instead, Sable says "you may Pay X cost to get Y benefit." Tiger says "at Z time you may Pay X cost to get W benefit." Even though both Z costs are the same, one mush pay them separately for each instance.

In more mundane terms, just because you pay your federal taxes doesn't mean you can count those toward your local taxes. Both parties must be paid separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    In more mundane terms, just because you pay your federal taxes doesn't mean you can count those toward your local taxes. Both parties must be paid separately.
    Since when are taxes mundane?

Waiting on more cards for death and taxes deck.(off topic)

Yeah he's right, unless silver sable had "when this card is sacrificed, target character is unblockable" you have to pay the cost which is sacrificing her to use her ability.