Thread: Does (Ally) Work with the BAC Save Civilians

It's a tricky timing issue. It depends on if Save Civilians looks during the fielding process (when they are not Sidekicks) or looks after the fielding to see if a SK was fielded (which would count).

Fielding an ally is fielding a sidekick. Once active, your characters gain sidekick status, and a character becomes active during the fielding process, BEFORE any triggers have time to occur. In other words, part of fielding is making something active, and if an ally is active, it is a sidekick. Until the character is active, the fielding process isn't complete, and when it is complete, the character is active. As such, fielding an ally includes not only putting it into the field but making it a sidekick. Therefore, fielding and sidekick status are linked and as such, to field it is also to field a sidekick.

Yep. It's the same reason fielding Field Leader causes Flame On to deal 2 damage, not one.

For a simpler explanation, Save Civilians checks work like this:

You field a character with the Ally ability.
    Save Civilians checks to see if it is a sidekick.
    Because it is in the field, it is a sidekick and passes the check.
    Save Civilians procs.

A bit off topic, but this makes me wonder... White Tiger's global trigger Save Civilians, right?

Quote Originally Posted by varthanna View Post
    A bit off topic, but this makes me wonder... White Tiger's global trigger Save Civilians, right?
    Does the Global say to "field" a Sidekick? If so, then yes it triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by varthanna View Post
    Yes sir