Thread: Article: Constantine "Hellblazer" - The (New) Ultimate Two-Drop?

Article: Constantine "Hellblazer" - The (New) Ultimate Two-Drop?

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Please let me get him in my gravity feed. <3.
    Great article; and good news "HIS" show may NOT be cancelled!

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/14/cons...-canceled-yet/

Quote Originally Posted by zacgree View Post
    I have to admit I am excited for this card. How much do you guys think the value on this will be? I am guessing around the Red Dragon SR ($25-30)
    Wow, that's tough to say. I think this one could be higher *IF* things like Hulk Smash remain popular. The more winning strategies focus on one favored character to mess things up, the more chance he creeps up higher.

This could well be the most useful super rare since Gobby/Tsarina. I don't think that's hyperbole/new set shininess blinding me.

I really like how it appears that WK is responding to challenges that have developed as they roll out each new set. It feels like they are attempting to put elements in place that address some of the Meta (or non-Meta) things that have developed...I'll explain what I mean...(I only collect the superhero sets, so I'll stick to that...if others agree feel free to beef up my observation with comments relative to YGO or D&D)

With AVX, the meta was fairly clear...low cost hi aggro teams that got at you quickly (Gobby, Black Widow, Beast). This created a whole slew of cards that had absolutely no place in the meta, becuase they were either too expensive and/or they took too long to implement thier intended effect...

Along comes UXM...and we have PXG...which has a very accessable way of getting more expensive characters out earlier...addressing the very problem that AVX created for us. I now might be able to find a way to make Colossus or Doctor Strange into a viable strategy becuase I can access them sooner. However, another situation develops where really heaving hitting abilites on some of these more expensive cards become very powerful and are now relied on very heavily (Hulk).

Now we have DCJL (is that our new abbreviation?)...and Constantine comes along. He presents a solution to the big heavy hitters, but at the same time doesn't inhibit the early ramp that PXG provided to us. Will be interesting to see what develops from here and if a different type of card becomes an absolute Go-To essential (assassins perhaps?)

With the limited amount of time we'll have between the DCJL release and the AOU release...WK probably won't have time to "respond" to a trend that has developed...so hopefully they have done thier homework, and will be able to provide us with something in the AOU set that will continue to evolve the game and present a new potential strategy...

Good Times with Dice Masters!!!

DCJL is what I will be using. That or DJL.

I do wonder if some global ability limiting will take place soon. I do think the globals are a bit too strong, although it makes the game so different.

Meatman, I have to agree, and that was something that I was thinking of as I started to play with this one. That said, obvious counter to it is to have more than one bomb to work around. Hulk plus Wolverine or plus Iceman could still be pretty dangerous, but you get yourself a far better chance when Hulk can't clear your entire board with ease.

Thanks for posting that. Answers some questions, but Constantine is still going to be great.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    FYI... Regarding Constantine "Hellblazer", The Dice Masters Rules Team just posted the following:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...e66bd1df808250
    That makes it better in some situations.

On the one hand, if your opponent chooses to not field the Widow, then the existing one would be fine, of course. On the other hand, not everyone will sacrifice a die that way. On the imaginary third hand if she comes up energy you've wasted your pick.

So far, I find he's best to deal with a Hulk or something. BUT we have yet to see how he stands up to targeted removal. There's probably enough ramp available that even if he does get pushed away, you can get him right back out pretty fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Wow, that's tough to say. I think this one could be higher *IF* things like Hulk Smash remain popular. The more winning strategies focus on one favored character to mess things up, the more chance he creeps up higher.

This could well be the most useful super rare since Gobby/Tsarina. I don't think that's hyperbole/new set shininess blinding me.
    I actually think that it'll totally depend on distribution numbers over the actual demand for the card. Because the earlier SR cards were in shorter supply, those cards spiked in price and really haven't come down much at all, especially Gobby and Tsarina. But we've seen a much more normalized price crop up in the singles market for SRs that has managed to stay in the $30 range since those two hit the secondary market.

Constantine could certainly change that up, given that he's bound to be extremely popular, but I'd still venture a guess and say that his resting place will be in the $30 range because I expect the print run for DC to be much larger than previous print runs.

This is true. Between availability and the tools to step around him, it could be a crapshoot. Still, "When Fielded" characters hate him.

Lucked into getting two of this card in my gravity feeds, hoping I can play him optimally.