Thread: WizKids Is Fixing Their Rules!

WizKids Is Fixing Their Rules!

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=9034

This is incredible... WizKids is finally going back and fixing the game from a rules perspective and it's going to hurt.
    Specifically, they've removed "instance" from being a consideration when triggering effects. This means that it no longer matters if multiple triggers to the same effect would happen at the same time, merely that they have separate sources. Before, there was always ambiguity when it came to triggering an effect multiple times at the same time, but now that's all been done away with.

"When attacking" effects have all been supported.
    Hulk has been buffed in regards to combat damage and settled for the case of multiple Magic Missile globals being paid in the same instance.
    Casualties' global has been buffed and now works great with breath weapon and the White Tiger global.
    And more!

The point, though, remains that this is WizKids tightening up its rules. It's fixing the game and making it consistent for the future. Not only do we have answers for hotly debated problems with current characters, we've been given a framework for the future with which to interpret cards and effects. These are the kinds of rulings and changes that need to be made for Dice Masters to mature into a pillar of the industry and this is a great step towards that goal.

Overall, I'm just ecstatic that WizKids is finally pulling themself up by the bootstraps and getting work done on making the game consistent. I'd love to hear what you all have to think about this development and what it means for the game. Cheers!

(Also, shoutout to @Scorpion0x17 for vindication on his interpretation of Hulk triggers and combat damage!)

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    (Also, shoutout to @Scorpion0x17 for vindication on his interpretation of Hulk triggers and combat damage!)
    Thanks.

However, for me, it's too little too late.

I will probably write a blog post in the next couple of days to explain what I mean by that.

I posted there a question about simultanously Combatdamage , this happens when 2 character dice blocking something to trigger. (see jocasta).

I just want to see something answered like this:

"If timing is important in case of effects of the defensive Player, does the defensive player chose which effect goes first?"

So after convincing us that Jocasta triggers per die, now they're saying it doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    So after convincing us that Jocasta triggers per die, now they're saying it doesn't?
    Pretty much.

I also wished they had answered a few of Scorpion's questions and some of the more debated ones on here.

I really don't like the feeling of complaining when we get what we want *kinda*, but I would have really liked an official ruling explaining the correct way to calculate damage from Lantern Ring: Limited only by Imagination.

Then again, there are still tons of questions from sets that were released over a year ago, so I don't actually feel that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_phoenyx View Post
    Now, with the new rule, i understand that if i attack with nova(human rocket) and my opponent stop with 5 dice, he is triggered 5 times, isnīt it?
    If the rule of multiple triggers is true than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_phoenyx View Post
    Now i love that nova more !!!
    Enjoy abusing Polymorph and Spider-Man - Webslinger for sickening damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Thanks.

However, for me, it's too little too late.

I will probably write a blog post in the next couple of days to explain what I mean by that.
    You pulling out, Scorp?

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    You pulling out, Scorp?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    Yes.
    That bums me out.

Same here. Too many key community members too soon.

I'm going to keep sticking things out though, have nothing better to do.

Sorry to hear that Scorp. Hopefully Wizkids can straighten things out someday and bring you back.