Thread: Abusing Vulture and Silver Sable

Abusing Vulture and Silver Sable

Here's a team we've been toying with to abuse Silver Sable and Vulture.

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...135bff;3x25wol

The goal here is to use Silver Sable to make Vulture unblockable with a ton of attack. White tiger's global will give you tons of side kicks to ping with magic missile if you need more damage. Doom caliber knight hopefully keeps him from being transfer powered or any of that shenanigans.

You've got some other fun stuff going on like white tiger and silver sable, and the new SR Gobby with white tiger's power. If you don't have SR Gobby run the global iceman you may be able to remove a bunch of side kicks from the field by spinning them to bolts to pump vulture as well.

It's a fun team we were ultimatly trying to use a few spiderman cards with some good classic bolt synergy.

Thanks for looking we're open to any suggestions!

I am fairly new to the game, and attempted to build around this base, but to also try and really leverage the sacrifice mechanic. I used the same Vulture, White Tiger, Silver Sable ... plus added in Mysterio : Dr. Ludwig Rinehart for the Global, Lizard : Sewer Dweller (who has "when characte die leaves the field zone, target character cannot block Lizard).

I could not keep up with a bolt team ... do you see a way to leverage this mechanic more, and/ or faster ... within the set alone?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Here's a team we've been toying with to abuse Silver Sable and Vulture.

http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=1x...135bff;3x25wol

The goal here is to use Silver Sable to make Vulture unblockable with a ton of attack. White tiger's global will give you tons of side kicks to ping with magic missile if you need more damage. Doom caliber knight hopefully keeps him from being transfer powered or any of that shenanigans.

You've got some other fun stuff going on like white tiger and silver sable, and the new SR Gobby with white tiger's power. If you don't have SR Gobby run the global iceman you may be able to remove a bunch of side kicks from the field by spinning them to bolts to pump vulture as well.

It's a fun team we were ultimatly trying to use a few spiderman cards with some good classic bolt synergy.

Thanks for looking we're open to any suggestions!
    Cool team I just wanted to mention that using the Iceman global to turn your sidekicks into bolts doesn't count as them leaving the field.

You see they turn into bolts while still in the field and then because they are now energy they simply go to reserve. It doesn't count as them leaving the field.

That's debatable. I'd consider a character to have "left the Field" if it got rerolled to energy and therefore was no longer a character.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    That's debatable. I'd consider a character to have "left the Field" if it got rerolled to energy and therefore was no longer a character.

This seems legit. Dice stay in the zone they are in until they are required to change. For instance if you reroll a bunch of characters unsung the Parallax global and they come up characters again, you do not get to refield them as they never left the field.

I can see where @Drakolich is coming from though since the die are now energy and not characters....

Could need some clarification from the rules forum....so I'm sure we'll know in about 4-8 months what the actual ruling will be!

May I suggest Ghost Rider - New Rider.
    "When is blocked, may sacrifice her to deal 2 damage to character or player"

Now on a turn you have Silver Sable'd a vulture, your opponent will take 6 damage for each ghost rider they block or 3/4/5 for each they don't block. We can use force block globals or Spiderman - Tangled Web to cause more pain.

My only question is if I sacrifice to direct my 2 damage to an opposing character knocking it out. Does my vulture get +4 or +8?? One die has left the field due to a cost and the other due to an effect of the same ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeshifter View Post
    May I suggest Ghost Rider - New Rider.
    "When is blocked, may sacrifice her to deal 2 damage to character or player"

Now on a turn you have Silver Sable'd a vulture, your opponent will take 6 damage for each ghost rider they block or 3/4/5 for each they don't block. We can use force block globals or Spiderman - Tangled Web to cause more pain.

My only question is if I sacrifice to direct my 2 damage to an opposing character knocking it out. Does my vulture get +4 or +8?? One die has left the field due to a cost and the other due to an effect of the same ability.
    That's actually one of the only halfway viable uses for Ghost Rider I've ever heard... Good job on thinking of that, mate.

As far as how much boost your Vulture would get, he would get +8A. +4A from your Ghost Rider leaving the field for the sacrifice and +4A for the character knocked out by Ghost Rider's ability leaving the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    That's actually one of the only halfway viable uses for Ghost Rider I've ever heard... Good job on thinking of that, mate.

As far as how much boost your Vulture would get, he would get +8A. +4A from your Ghost Rider leaving the field for the sacrifice and +4A for the character knocked out by Ghost Rider's ability leaving the field.
    So a total of +12 because we sacked Silver Sable already as well! Vulture gets crazy fast, but is still vulnerable to distraction, mera et al.