Thread: Wonder Girl: Cassie Sandsmark and Polymorph Global

Wonder Girl: Cassie Sandsmark and Polymorph Global

If you use the global for Polymorph, does the spin down part count for triggering Cassie when you target a Teen Titan? I know that you have to initially be able to spin it down in the first place but if it's already a level 2 or 3 can it then be redirected to an opponent's die? The group I played with wasn't sure how this worked the opening weekend of the set but we allowed it much to the annoyance of everyone else.

Sadly not. Spinning down one of your own characters is part of the cost of the Polymorph global and costs cannot be redirected.

How does redirecting costs work?
    You cannot redirect costs. Under Fundamental Rules in the rulebook, it states:
    “You cannot avoid paying costs. For example, if the cost of something is spinning a die down one level, and all you have are level 1 characters that can’t be spun down you can’t pay that cost.”
    For example, you couldn’t use Blue Eyes White Dragon: Monstrous Dragon’s Global Ability in conjunction with Wonder Girl: Cassie Sandsmark. KOing your own character for Blue Eyes White Dragon is a cost to you, you cannot avoid paying it. To further clarify this, future rulebooks will include:
    When doing something in isolation would typically be detrimental to the player using it, it is a cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_phoenyx View Post
    With the new ruling that said , that spind down its not a cost, i believe, you can now spin down your opponents characters in the same way as robin Teen Titan does, can anyone clarify this?

Where is the official rule that said that spin down itīs not a cost? anyone can put a link? thanks
    http://win.wizkids.com/bb/viewtopic....b054e35#p22035

This is the ruling that established Polymorph's spin-down as an effect rather than a cost like it should be. Because it's an effect that affects a set number of characters, it is a targeted effect and so can be redirected by Wonder Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_phoenyx View Post
    OK thanks
    Another question about Wonder girl:
    -When she redirects the effect redirecting its a character hability or itīs the same nature of the firs target? Ex: if i target with a global, she redirects....What king of effect its (global or character hability?
    -If Tsarina attacks, her spin down effect can be redirect to one of opponentīs dice?
    When you redirect a targeted effect to a new target character, you are targeting the new character with whichever ability you're using to redirect. It's for this reason that you can redirect effect to targets that were not valid for the initial ability since you're not targeting them with the initial ability (though they must be legal targets for the redirecting ability). In the case of Wonder Girl, you must target the opposing character with Wonder Girl's effect in order to redirect the incoming effect from your Teen Titans character onto the target opposing character.

No, Tsarina's spin-down is not a targeted effect. It is a cost applied to the opposing player in order to avoid taking 2 damage and costs are not considered targeted. The opposing player can either pay the cost of spinning down one of their character dice or let Tsarina deal them 2 damage, but they may not redirect the spin-down anywhere. Only performing two effects as one will allow the cost of spinning down one of your characters to be played as though it were not a cost since that's the only possible explanation for why spinning down one of your character dice is not considered a cost when it comes to the Polymorph global.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    When you redirect a targeted effect to a new target character, you are targeting the new character with whichever ability you're using to redirect. It's for this reason that you can redirect effect to targets that were not valid for the initial ability since you're not targeting them with the initial ability (though they must be legal targets for the redirecting ability). In the case of Wonder Girl, you must target the opposing character with Wonder Girl's effect in order to redirect the incoming effect from your Teen Titans character onto the target opposing character.

No, Tsarina's spin-down is not a targeted effect. It is a cost applied to the opposing player in order to avoid taking 2 damage and costs are not considered targeted. The opposing player can either pay the cost of spinning down one of their character dice or let Tsarina deal them 2 damage, but they may not redirect the spin-down anywhere. Only performing two effects as one will allow the cost of spinning down one of your characters to be played as though it were not a cost since that's the only possible explanation for why spinning down one of your character dice is not considered a cost when it comes to the Polymorph global.
    Sorry for bringing a question late to the party but wanted the rules guru's opinions on this idea. I came up with this last night before bed and love this interaction hope it's sound. With the rulings being as they are would cassie sandsmark redirect a global from giganta tall glass of water? Cassie has been covered but giganta's global is this:
    Pay 1, spin target character you control down one level.
    Is this a generic targetted spin down engine or wishful thinking? A directed spin down for one generic only requiring a 2 buy shield to work, I had kittens when I saw this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordfajubi View Post
    Sorry for bringing a question late to the party but wanted the rules guru's opinions on this idea. I came up with this last night before bed and love this interaction hope it's sound. With the rulings being as they are would cassie sandsmark redirect a global from giganta tall glass of water? Cassie has been covered but giganta's global is this:
    Pay 1, spin target character you control down one level.
    Is this a generic targetted spin down engine or wishful thinking? A directed spin down for one generic only requiring a 2 buy shield to work, I had kittens when I saw this.
    It works exactly how you'd hope it would.

For 1 generic energy, you can target Wonder Girl and then redirect Giganta's global onto any opposing character you like.