Thread: Need feedback/suggestions

Need feedback/suggestions

Built a team and was testing it out. Something does not feel right so hoping I can get some help from the community. Here is a link to the team http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...x137bff;3x25jl.

My thought process behind building this team was: Direct Damage rush character . for ramp. to buy actions cheaper. for removal to trigger hulk. cheap and bring in another character.

I think I need action die removal and something else because it feels slow to me. Please help.

How important is Miri really? That spot is costing a lot of opportunity. A fist ring team is very strong. I'd suggest putting Captain America - Super Soldier. He is a fist and a good counter to gobby and opposing ring teams.
    Hulk is awesome and all, but your ramp is based on kobalds and when you give your opponent the wasp global you need to trigger him, you put all your kobalds in danger. I'd suggest rare Venom instead of Hulk. He loves fist and keeps opposing weenies under control.
    I have awkward feelings towards Big E. It is nice at first but clutters the bag later. Play with it and see how it feels.
    Finally i would have you consider Spider-Man - Spider Sense as a sort of counter to Hulk -GG's ability and also gets around zombie Magneto.

Lantern Ring is far better with a bolt team. Use low cost bolts like Jade and Wasp. Set up an attack with a say 3 characters, use Iceman: TCFW global to make all your sidekicks bolts and BOOM, that's game or damn near.

Try this:

Jade: Jennifer-Lynn Hayden
    Wasp: Founding Avenger
    Cheetah: Cursed Archeologist
    Lantern Ring: Limited Only by Imagination
    Prismatic Spray: Lesser Spell
    Iceman: Too Cool for Words
    Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants
    Bleez: Controlled Rage

Magic Missle
    Distraction

Buy up Jades and Wasps to field. Get a Ring out when ever possible. PXG to keep rolling the Sidekicks or energy you need amd to keep drawing your character die.

Prismatic Spray couners Human Paladin which can shut LR down.
    Bleez gets rid of opposing Rings or Batteries
    Iceman global changes all your SKs to bolts to maximize LR.

Cheetah is my flex spot that I may be changing.

Magic Missle for removal (global) and Distraction to keep you safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Lantern Ring is far better with a bolt team. Use low cost bolts like Jade and Wasp. Set up an attack with a say 3 characters, use Iceman: TCFW global to make all your sidekicks bolts and BOOM, that's game or damn near.

Try this:

Jade: Jennifer-Lynn Hayden
    Wasp: Founding Avenger
    Cheetah: Cursed Archeologist
    Lantern Ring: Limited Only by Imagination
    Prismatic Spray: Lesser Spell
    Iceman: Too Cool for Words
    Professor X: Recruiting Young Mutants
    Bleez: Controlled Rage

Magic Missle
    Distraction

Buy up Jades and Wasps to field. Get a Ring out when ever possible. PXG to keep rolling the Sidekicks or energy you need amd to keep drawing your character die.

Prismatic Spray couners Human Paladin which can shut LR down.
    Bleez gets rid of opposing Rings or Batteries
    Iceman global changes all your SKs to bolts to maximize LR.

Cheetah is my flex spot that I may be changing.

Magic Missle for removal (global) and Distraction to keep you safe.

I mean feel free to use Bleez if you want to have to get rid of your own Lantern ring. I lost one of my events because I missread that card. It forces you to remove your own lantern ring if that's the only action in the field.

Red Dragon is a waste. You only have one action that is your priority buy and you can afford it with a normal draw. Take him out and put in your action removal. Constantine is decent, but if you want a solid "when fielded" removal go with Breaker the Magical Warrior - Mana Break. Better stats than Bleez, only 1 to field max, and he has the keyword "may" that means your own ring is safe.

Miri is iffy and your preference. If you really want to use a Hulk for removal only (and you don't have Magic Missile or Slifer), go with Jade Giant. He or you gets damaged and you can knock out a character level 1 or any level if your hulk is level 1 or 2. Honestly, I feel the AvX hulks are so broke, I won't touch them (I have 2 Green Goliath too).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Ya, I found the Red Dragon helped, but not so much it needed to be an auto include. I might move into being a bolt/mask team and field SR Black Cat or something like Storm, get some die rolling going on (although just straight up KO a character is strictly better)
    Don't forget the SR is an underdog ability, so it may not trigger every time.