Thread: Article: Pretending to Know Stuff Vol.4

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries

Article: Pretending to Know Stuff Vol.4

You heard it here, Mono or dual energy teams, the way of the future.

Bolts are probably the best Mono energy going right now but it looks like masks may be catching up!

Quote Originally Posted by djcannonmi View Post
    Bolts are probably the best Mono energy going right now but it looks like masks may be catching up!
    I challenge you to face my shields!

Serioulsy though, half of the top 20 cards in the game are shield cards.

Yeah but do they mesh together as well as Johnny Storm, Too Cool for Words, If Looks Could Kill, Monstrous Dragon, Former Avenger, CEO of Stark Industries, and various others. I can definitely see masks especially with the PXG adding the ramp.

Z-Mags, Grundy, Joker, U Hulk, Jinzo, Hellblazer, Human pally, and Blue-Eyes (yes, not a shield, but still) Solid and varied control elements, with High attack stats for a finish.

You had me until you added the Blue Eyes, lol. But I agree it is a solid team that meshes well just missing a way to ramp. With Johnny Storm, I can ramp on my own just by rotating the SKs, but I cannot argue how effective your team looks.

Would someone mind explaining what RD and SK are please?

RD = Red Dragon Global
    Global: Once per turn pay bolt. When you purchase your next action die this turn, it costs 2 less (minimum 1) and you deal 1 damage to your opponent.
    SK = Sidekick (also known as an NPC)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    RD = Red Dragon Global

Thanks, man. And apologies for failing to spell it out in the first place!

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    RD = Red Dragon Global

Thank you!

I am waiting for someone to mention the fun that the Rare Agent Venom has with Johnny Storm from AvX.

After you get either character on the field, you bring in the second and ping your opponent and Agent Venom and field a sidekick from your used pile. Do that anywhere from 3 to 5 times depending on whats in your used/prep area and the level you field Agent Venom. Maybe add in some +D somewhere and keep having more fun that way.

Put a Gobby in there to field after you go through that and swing with all the sidekicks to keep yourself from getting hit with Betrayal. Yeah. I think that could be fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellingera View Post
    I am waiting for someone to mention the fun that the Rare Agent Venom has with Johnny Storm from AvX.

After you get either character on the field, you bring in the second and ping your opponent and Agent Venom and field a sidekick from your used pile. Do that anywhere from 3 to 5 times depending on whats in your used/prep area and the level you field Agent Venom. Maybe add in some +D somewhere and keep having more fun that way.

Put a Gobby in there to field after you go through that and swing with all the sidekicks to keep yourself from getting hit with Betrayal. Yeah. I think that could be fun.
    Some discussion can be found here: http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...ht=Agent+venom

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks!

I was under the impression that the transition zone was used on both players turns. I wasn't even looking at it as an infinite combo, but that is interesting. I do think the transition zone should be implemented in both players turns. Not just because of this, but also for continuity.