Thread: The Flash: Connected to the Speed Force

The Flash: Connected to the Speed Force

I've always thought this card was terrible, but a buddy asked me the following question that has me rethinking this card. Please help us out TRP community.

Question: Can I have multiple Flash dice fielded, attack with only one of them, and Flash be unblockable? Does "no other characters" mean no other characters other than Flash?

It's certainly worded differently than Common Invisible Stalker "If one Invisible Stalker die attacks alone, it cannot be blocked."

Not sure how the ruling should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post

I've always thought this card was terrible, but a buddy asked me the following question that has me rethinking this card. Please help us out TRP community.

Question: Can I have multiple Flash dice fielded, attack with only one of them, and Flash be unblockable? Does "no other characters" mean no other characters other than Flash?
    I could see having 4 flashes fielded and still getting his ability, because it says "no other characters fielded" not "no other dice fielded".

However, to make this particular meaning clear I would expect them to say "no other characters active".

In fact, using Namor Sub-Mariner as a example the WKRF has effectively already answered this.

Both halves of FLash fall under the category: So, yeah, Single Flash in the field, single flash attacking.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...he-Speed-Force

Previously discussed here, FWIW. I still kinda think the intent was biconditional (disagreeing with @Shadowmeld ), but only kinda. And intent probably doesn't matter for anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...he-Speed-Force

Previously discussed here, FWIW. I still kinda think the intent was biconditional (disagreeing with @Shadowmeld ), but only kinda. And intent probably doesn't matter for anything...
    Sorry for the rehash. Apparently I still haven't figured out how to effectively search the forums and missed that thread when I tried.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    Sorry for the rehash. Apparently I still haven't figured out how to effectively search the forums and missed that thread when I tried.
    No sweat. I think there are some really good points in that other thread and only posted it because it's worth your time. In the end, the best interpretation of the card is probably one die in the field or it doesn't trigger, but I can't bring myself to assume that was the intent given the wording. Good question, wish we had better answers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    No sweat. I think there are some really good points in that other thread and only posted it because it's worth your time. In the end, the best interpretation of the card is probably one die in the field or it doesn't trigger, but I can't bring myself to assume that was the intent given the wording. Good question, wish we had better answers...
    I'm sure it has already been submitted, but I did submit this question to WKRF. It would be nice for a definitive ruling.

If they rule that there can be no other Flash dice in the field, this would have to be one of the worst cards around. The only time to use it would be when it ends the game.

I hope they rule you can have other Flash dice in the field. So much more useful in that case, without being too overpowered.

The latter would make more since being the flash is the only character fielded they need to say character die if that is what is meant character In my point of view means character as in the card not dice bc 3 flash are all the same character. Thats all there is to it so there is only one character meaning he could swing but only with one bc of the restriction of attacking alone however if u have a sidekick fielded then that's another character and then he would no longer be un-blockable I need a final ruling on this.