Thread: Jocasta vs Captain America

Jocasta vs Captain America

Last night I was playing with my dice master rival and a question came up that I was hoping to get an answer to.

My opponent has Captain America-Super Soldier
    and I have Jocasta- Patterned after Janet

I am using this Mjolnir as well as Iron Man: Tinhead to make his characters villains.

I make Capt. a villain with a bolt, and then use the action die. Does that kill Capt. and I deal my opponent 6 damage? Or does it deal both characters at once, trigger jocasta's ability, which goes down to 1 with capt, and then he dies?

With the understanding that all damage happens simultaneously, which is the proper way to resolve this

Quote Originally Posted by atom View Post
    Last night I was playing with my dice master rival and a question came up that I was hoping to get an answer to.

My opponent has Captain America-Super Soldier
    and I have Jocasta- Patterned after Janet

I am using this Mjolnir as well as Iron Man: Tinhead to make his characters villains.

I make Capt. a villain with a bolt, and then use the action die. Does that kill Capt. and I deal my opponent 6 damage? Or does it deal both characters at once, trigger jocasta's ability, which goes down to 1 with capt, and then he dies?

With the understanding that all damage happens simultaneously, which is the proper way to resolve this
    Jocasta ability triggers when she is asigned damage.
    Captains ability is removed after he is KOed.
    Damage from a single effect is assigned and resolved as one step, before other triggers.
    1) use Mjolnir
    2) assign damage
    3) Jocasta triggers
    4) resolve damages
    5) KO Captain

As you can see there are significant game steps between the two parts you are asking about, and Cap would definitely still be active.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Jocasta ability triggers when she is asigned damage.
    Captains ability is removed after he is KOed.
    Damage from a single effect is assigned and resolved as one step, before other triggers.
    1) use Mjolnir
    2) assign damage
    3) Jocasta triggers
    4) resolve damages
    5) KO Captain

As you can see there are significant game steps between the two parts you are asking about, and Cap would definitely still be active.
    If Cap is a villain when Mjolnir is used, wouldn't he be KOed immediately? He doesn't prevent damage to himself, just damage to the player.

Are you saying that even though Cap has damage enough to KO him, he is not KOed until everything has been resolved connected to the card effect?

Correct.

If Cap is dead before Jocasta resolves, Jocasta would be dead to, because she hadn't resolved any damage prevention/redirection.

This is a pretty clear cut case displaying how damage is assigned, manipulated, then resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Correct.

If Cap is dead before Jocasta resolves, Jocasta would be dead to, because she hadn't resolved any damage prevention/redirection.

This is a pretty clear cut case displaying how damage is assigned, manipulated, then resolved.
    Thanks!