Thread: Exposing Exposed

Exposing Exposed

How does this action work?

Text: "Target opponent must pay 1 life for each non-villain assigned to block this turn."

It seems pretty straight-forward, Scenarios we ran into.

What happens if someone forces a character to block with a card like Deadpool?
    What happens if I played two exposed dice? do they pay 2 per blocker?

First question: you can't force someone to pay a cost. They can ignore Deadpool's ability.

Second question: I could see it either way. I'd probably says it stacks if you can manage to get 2 of them out.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    First question: you can't force someone to pay a cost. They can ignore Deadpool's ability.

Second question: I could see it either way. I'd probably says it stacks if you can manage to get 2 of them out.
    Thanks,

Last night in draft I caught my opponents with no pants, I caught him with one villain and rolled double Exposed. So in order to block any of my characters beyond 1 it cost 2 life per. It worked great. Now I just need to build a villain team for it so they can't use it against me.

I agree with this. Generally speaking you go with the weaker option. I believe there are also rulings to the effect that the action condition needs only be met once, but can't remember where exactly it was.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    I agree with this. Generally speaking you go with the weaker option. I believe there are also rulings to the effect that the action condition needs only be met once, but can't remember where exactly it was.
    That would be pretty lame. I mean if I roll two magic missiles I can use them twice. The only rule I remember is you can't pay for two costs with the same payment (ie Silver Sable doesn't count as a sacrifice for another effect). But the question would be does each action exposed create it's own instance of the effect. I submitted the question to WizKids, so when World's Finest comes out we will know

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    That would be pretty lame. I mean if I roll two magic missiles I can use them twice. The only rule I remember is you can't pay for two costs with the same payment (ie Silver Sable doesn't count as a sacrifice for another effect). But the question would be does each action exposed create it's own instance of the effect. I submitted the question to WizKids, so when World's Finest comes out we will know
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5917 Seems to disagree with me:

Yes. If you roll two of the same action dice, you may use the ability twice and, with respect to the actions you cited, those abilities would stack.
    However I am sure that there is a ruling which says that certain actions only trigger once, as a rule, but I really can't remember the difference, or why there would be a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    However I am sure that there is a ruling which says that certain actions only trigger once, as a rule, but I really can't remember the difference, or why there would be a difference.
    I seem to recall both as well thats why I was confused! Soon they will answer the question (I hope).