Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Exposing Exposed

  1. #1

    Exposing Exposed

    How does this action work?

    Text: "Target opponent must pay 1 life for each non-villain assigned to block this turn."

    It seems pretty straight-forward, Scenarios we ran into.

    What happens if someone forces a character to block with a card like Deadpool?
    What happens if I played two exposed dice? do they pay 2 per blocker?

  2. #2
    First question: you can't force someone to pay a cost. They can ignore Deadpool's ability.

    Second question: I could see it either way. I'd probably says it stacks if you can manage to get 2 of them out.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    First question: you can't force someone to pay a cost. They can ignore Deadpool's ability.

    Second question: I could see it either way. I'd probably says it stacks if you can manage to get 2 of them out.
    Thanks,

    Last night in draft I caught my opponents with no pants, I caught him with one villain and rolled double Exposed. So in order to block any of my characters beyond 1 it cost 2 life per. It worked great. Now I just need to build a villain team for it so they can't use it against me.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    I agree with this. Generally speaking you go with the weaker option. I believe there are also rulings to the effect that the action condition needs only be met once, but can't remember where exactly it was.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    I agree with this. Generally speaking you go with the weaker option. I believe there are also rulings to the effect that the action condition needs only be met once, but can't remember where exactly it was.
    That would be pretty lame. I mean if I roll two magic missiles I can use them twice. The only rule I remember is you can't pay for two costs with the same payment (ie Silver Sable doesn't count as a sacrifice for another effect). But the question would be does each action exposed create it's own instance of the effect. I submitted the question to WizKids, so when World's Finest comes out we will know

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    That would be pretty lame. I mean if I roll two magic missiles I can use them twice. The only rule I remember is you can't pay for two costs with the same payment (ie Silver Sable doesn't count as a sacrifice for another effect). But the question would be does each action exposed create it's own instance of the effect. I submitted the question to WizKids, so when World's Finest comes out we will know
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5917 Seems to disagree with me:

    Yes. If you roll two of the same action dice, you may use the ability twice and, with respect to the actions you cited, those abilities would stack.
    However I am sure that there is a ruling which says that certain actions only trigger once, as a rule, but I really can't remember the difference, or why there would be a difference.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BenSaidScott View Post
    However I am sure that there is a ruling which says that certain actions only trigger once, as a rule, but I really can't remember the difference, or why there would be a difference.
    I seem to recall both as well thats why I was confused! Soon they will answer the question (I hope).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •