Thread: 12/05/15 - PDC Store Championship at Recess, Cleveland OH - Winning team

12/05/15 - PDC Store Championship at Recess, Cleveland OH - Winning team

We had 14 people at the store for the PCD tournament. This was my winning team, but after 4 rounds and then 3 more in the top 8, I can't really remember what other people were playing. It was a long day and there were some real brain burner matches.

I went 3-1 in the Swiss, losing to a Gobby rush team, tough match for me. I'm glad I didn't have to face him in the top 8.

In the top 8, I had a really tough match in the top 8 against @Jthomash2 , we'd played in the swiss, so after game 2 it seemed like he had my number, but I was able to pull out the win in game 3. Tough match, but probably one of the best I've played, thanks Jthomash2.

Here's the link to the team for dice counts:
    http://dm.retrobox.eu/?view&cards=4x...20control%20v7

Thanks for the team breakdown. Looking forward to seeing other PDC winner's teams. Congrats!

@hath I was running the Swamp Thing team you played. Great job yesterday. Just wanted to say that the strategy you used against me and the strategy you used against @Jthomash2 were so different and effective. Good stuff yesterday. We didn't hang around for the final but from what I saw, you earned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    @hath I was running the Swamp Thing team you played. Great job yesterday. Just wanted to say that the strategy you used against me and the strategy you used against @Jthomash2 were so different and effective. Good stuff yesterday. We didn't hang around for the final but from what I saw, you earned it.
    I didn't realize you were this Randy as well! LOL. I really liked you team, I think I might try a variation on it next week at our weekly event.

The final match was a tough one, he went for Prismatic Spray early which really slowed me, but I was able to pull it out in 2 close, incredibly tough games.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Only games I lost yesterday were to you, @hath . To say I lost in Swiss would be a misnomer. I got STEAMROLLED. Glad I made it competitive in the best of 3 match. I was behind in build, and had no advantage in piloting. You knew your team and played it impeccably well. As Randy noted, you played very different strategies against the two of us - that flexibility is the mark of an excellent player and build. Always good to see you, glad we got to face off yesterday. Excellent games and environment!

Won my PDC on Kingpins big back, never fielded more than 3 character dice in any game (besides refields after KO's). Was a lot of fun, I will be subbing out Goblin for 4 cost AVX storm for potential board clear so they have less to pay Kingping's cost, and possibly Emma, although her and Kingping together cost one of my opponents half his life total after he fielded a Green Goliath.

:jl137:

Quote Originally Posted by Barbain View Post
    I'd replace the Emma Frost-Hellfire Club. She'll only ever will do 1 damage to your opponent no matter how many dice you have of her out even. She'll only trigger the first time she takes damage, and only if that first damage is from a "fist" character at that. And with the new ruling for Jocasta-Patterned after Janet, it'll only do so once period and not per die you have of her. http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=7686
    I disagree. Emma says "whenever she is damaged" redirect the first damage. Jocasta says the first time each turn. Those phrases both use the word first, but with entirely different contexts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I disagree. Emma says "whenever she is damaged" redirect the first damage. Jocasta says the first time each turn. Those phrases both use the word first, but with entirely different contexts.
    I know they are worded differently,and your right it doesn't say each turn, but I'd give the assumed turn otherwise she only triggers the first damage period her entire time out there until you replace her(which I bet you'd like even less), but the "word" first doesn't need to be in the text for they way I expect you read and expect her to be played. What does "first 1 damage" mean to you? If she was to redirect 1 damage each time she was damaged by a "fist" character it would read that way. Why add "first"? If not to further describe a condition to be met?

The way Emma Frost reads to me is that the first time she takes damage one point of that damage is redirected. I see some ambiguity in whether this happens the first time in general or the first time each turn. If I were to guess I would say it is the first time each turn. So an opponent can hit it with a Magic Missile global bolt one time, take the one point of damage and then attack and not have to worry about taking anymore damage. With that being said Emma Frost and Jocausta are both basically the same except Jocausta is potentially more dangerous and less expensive to buy.

Seems like your team should have gone in it's own thread to discuss...