Thread: Article: Reading The Rainbow Amazing Spider-Man Draft Episode 3 The Rainbow

Article: Reading The Rainbow Amazing Spider-Man Draft Episode 3 The Rainbow

Looking at this Rainbow, I see a lot of Vulture which immediately gets me thinking towards using and abusing him. There's also a silly amount of Aunt May which can work for ramp and getting guys on the board. Sadly, my beloved Carnage only has a single die, so I can't really go down that route. Instead, I'd be gunning for Silver Sable/Vulture live everybody and settling for Value Villains if that didn't pan out. Hobgoblin and Green Goblin can provide extremely value stats for their cost and the same goes for Vulture regardless of whether or not we get the uncommon. Kraven also makes a great beatstick with a consistently high attack value. The key strategy would be to survive long enough to play down a Villainous Pact to swing for lethal. Kingpin provides a nice late-game pickup for if I can't get setup fast enough and I can rely on Lizard actually doing something if I only have to keep one blocker off him with Villainous Pact.

It would definitely come down to what I could draw into, but it's a consistent enough win condition that deals with enough of the threats present in set that I'd be fairly confident I could do well with it. I love Villanous Pact in draft!