Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dice Masters Regional Championships!

Dice Masters Regional Championships!

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/wp/wko-2016/

DICE MASTERS REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

Player Cap: 96

Event Entry Fee: $15

Format: Unlimited Constructed

Pairing Structure: Multiple Swiss Rounds followed by a Single Elimination Top 8 Cut

Prizing Structure* (All prizing is cumulative):

Winner
    Marvel Dice Masters: The Amazing Spider-Man Super Rare Set
    Top 2
    DC Comics Dice Masters: Mr. Mxyzptlk:5th Dimension Full Art Card
    Marvel Dice Masters: Hulk: Green Goliath Full Art Card
    Top 4
    DC Comics Dice Masters: Guy Gardner: Blinding Rage Full Art Card
    Marvel Dice Masters: Blink: Exile Full Art Card
    Top 8
    DC Comics Dice Masters: Oracle: Master Investigator Full Art Card
    Marvel Dice Masters: Loki: Laufeyson Full Art Card
    Participation Prize
    DC Comics Dice Masters: Terry McGuinness: Batman Beyond Blank Art Variant Card and Die
    Marvel Dice Masters: Melinda May: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Blank Art Variant Card and Die
    National Championship Qualifications
    For every eight players entered into the event (rounded up), one player qualifies for the Dice Masters National Championship. For example, if 71 players entered the event, then the top 9 players earn qualifications.

Note that the Melinda May and Terry McGuinness are both blank and come with dice. They're going to be kinda like RDW stuff and be pretty pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Note that the Melinda May and Terry McGuinness are both blank and come with dice. They're going to be kinda like RDW stuff and be pretty pricey.
    I know and my wife will NEED to run 4x Melinda May.

At least her Birthday is after regional season...

Side Event Prize structure is also pretty good. Perhaps I can finally get that Full Art Joker that's been eluding me.

Prize Structure*:
    Winner
    Random Card From The Following Group:
    • Cable: Time Traveler Full Art Card
    • Joker: Clown Prince of Crime Full Art Card
    • Namor: Atlantean Full Art Card
    • Robin: Boy Wonder Full Art Card
    • Storm: Wind-Rider Full Art Card
    • Aquaman: Arthur Curry Full Art Card

Participation Prize
    Marvel Dice Masters: Iron Fist: The Immortal Blank Art Variant Card and Die -OR- DC Comics Dice Masters: Batmobile: From Wayne Enterprises Blank Art Variant Card and Die

From what I've seen in FL the Dice Masters event is on Sunday and the HC event is Saturday. Not sure if this is the same in all of the places. I would assume this segregation would also include side events but if there's demand day of, the store would be silly to not atleast fire an event even if it's not official.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    From what I've seen in FL the Dice Masters event is on Sunday and the HC event is Saturday. Not sure if this is the same in all of the places. I would assume this segregation would also include side events but if there's demand day of, the store would be silly to not atleast fire an event even if it's not official.
    I'm also curious how this is organized. Our event says that side events begin at 11 and the main event does. So if I'm in the main event I wont be able to be in any side events? Seems counter intuitive.

Going to IL, maybe MI if I can afford to.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Going to IL, maybe MI if I can afford to.
    I'll see you there Scum!

Have you found a registration link on the Dice Dojo site, it's avoiding me (or doesn't exist yet).

I am so crazy stoked

wish I'd sold my 4 Iron Fist for $160 though now, lmao, since in the side events, the loser gets an Iron Fist/Batmobile kit, if they don't win and get a prize card instead

I am so stoke for the day 1 (HeroClix Nationals) to just be doing the DM rainbow Drafts and super quick constructeds for just a huge amount of LE prizes, to both keep and flip

and then day 2, to play in the for real Nationals, and hopefully do well to keep going

if not, oh well, I just go and do more rainbow drafts/suicide constructeds, and at worst get a bunch of batmobiles and Iron Fists to trade, if I lose everything

I imagine doing Rainbow Drafts, though, since I already have all the IF/Batmobiles I need, that it's random enough I'd be able to win just by chance since it's only one match, and get full sets of terry mcginnes and melinda may, if not some of the sweet full art prizes they have

this is just gonna be like a field day (weekend) I can't wait

I'm planning on having like, the best freaing time, and coming out with full sets of every alt art card x2 (I did it with HeroClix last year with the LE Avengers ID cards/LE stuff for sale, and some of the LE pieces), so if I dedicate to just DM, it'll be awesome

I also love the adding up of points from playing various rainbow drafts or suicide constructed (whatever they're actually called) to give other cool stuff like full art green goliath and everything else listed, even if not playing in Nationals

but my plan is day 1 of the HeroClix big event to just do DM side events all day, then day 2, try my hand in serious DM playing, and if I wash out, just keep having fun and stocking loot

last year I had a blast and came out with 3x the $400 I came in with, I mean, this is one of my favorite things

I was literally the first person to call my closest store I think (Games and Stuff, Glen Burnie, MD) to preregister, as they had to get my info to call me back

I am so stoked so stoked so stoked

also no reason not to preregister to get some terry mcginnes/melinda may love off the bat, plus I live a 1-2 hour drive away, so it's just as far out as I'd be willing to drive, which is great

Quote Originally Posted by brimmstorm View Post
    Will they have DM side events going during the Heroclix events?
    yessir

the side events for all games (at least HC and DM) will be going on all day, both days
    from at least where I plan on going, day 1 has the big HC event, and day 2 the big DM event, so day 1 I'll be doing all side events, and day 2 I'll throw my hat in the competitive DM ring and see how I do, and at worst, wash out and keep having fun playing some side events

wonder if I can make the 7 or 8 hour drive to Modesto...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Ominous music begins.
    Hmmmmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    I'll see you there Scum!

Have you found a registration link on the Dice Dojo site, it's avoiding me (or doesn't exist yet).
    Here you go! http://chicagolandgames.crystalcomme...s_open/1298583

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    I'm also curious how this is organized. Our event says that side events begin at 11 and the main event does. So if I'm in the main event I wont be able to be in any side events? Seems counter intuitive.
    In Chicago last year every day they were running draft pods as soon as eight people signed up. During the main event some people didn't make the cut and/or dropped and went straight to draft pods to try to win Tsarina full arts. I expect the option is there for people not in the events.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Hm...
    Detroit isn't far...

I am super excited! The bonus of living in Chicago! This is the first WizKids open I will be able to attend since I started playing. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkSlat View Post
    Any advice?
    Prepare for bad die rolls.

Pre-registered, SUPER excited that they actually have one in my backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    wonder if I can make the 7 or 8 hour drive to Modesto...
    We'd certainly love to have you. Battleground in Modesto CA s a friendly store, good staff, good players. We're pleasantly surprised to be hosting Regionals, but we're going to do our best to pull off a great event.
    Last edited by mathguy6189; 12-09-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Added Quote