Thread: Help with First Teams

Help with First Teams

Howdy folks,
    My son and I just started playing Dice Masters this week with the Amazing Spider-Man starter set. We also picked up 5 boosters giving us the following:

Aunt May - Caring Aunt
    Dagger - Tandy Bowen
    Kraven the Hunter - Dangerous
    Agent Venom - Eugene
    Mary Jane - First Aid
    Gladiator - Strontian
    Angel - Flying High
    Black Panther - T'Challa
    She-Hulk - Jennifer Walters
    Red Hulk - Thunderbolt Ross

So my question is, since we don't have much practice with the game, can you give us a hand building two fairly equal teams that we can play and learn the game with? Keep in mind we've obviously only got one die for those booster characters.

My son is 9 and half, and pretty clever for his age. Not a brag, just meaning that I don't need to go easy on him or anything like that.

We're just looking for two evenly matched teams that we can learn some strategy with and build on as we get new sets and boosters.

Thanks!

Example

Team 1
    Aunt may ,angel, drax:destroyer, venom, panther, spiderman spectacular, spiderwoman: agent, carnage sinister or king pin : payback -see below

Goal: use angels ability to make him unblockable. Use true believer basic action to pump him. Buy Black Panther if you think you can get him through he's a heavy hitter. If you run into a wall of characters you can use carnage for over crush or kingpin to do damage when blocked or blocking and continue the angel shield theme. I'd go with kingpin, but carnage +venom is cool also. Either way use exposed BAC to punish them for blocking youR shield characters.
    BACs : exposed, true believer

Team 2
    She hulk, red hulk, mj, kraven, spiderman: tangled web, white tiger: mystical, silver sable: mercenary. Drax: author Douglas (or dagger)

Goal: use spiderman to pump white tiger and silver sable to do damage. Finish with hulks and use spiderman global to make them Spider friends to pump them also. Use ready for seconds to get your silver sable back the turn after doing damage or to field someone you just purchased. Spiders last Stand will help you keep the under dog status and help you pay for your higher cost characters.
    BACs: ready for seconds, spiders last Stand

The main thing is to just play every character and swap out versions and have fun!

Another way to do it is put all the characters in cost piles (2/3, 4/5, 6/7) and take turns drafting out of them till their gone and then make a team out of your favorite 8. Second pick gets to go first.

Welcome to the game. We are glad to have you! Let us know how your games go!
    Last edited by Jwannabe; 12-14-2015 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks! We're also going to take some advice from Reddit and play 4 on 4 with just the starter pack cards until we've played all 3 versions of the 8 characters.

I've got the Age of Ultron starter as well, and I'm torn between putting it under the Christmas tree or just busting it open now!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthTempest View Post
    Thanks! We're also going to take some advice from Reddit and play 4 on 4 with just the starter pack cards until we've played all 3 versions of the 8 characters.

I've got the Age of Ultron starter as well, and I'm torn between putting it under the Christmas tree or just busting it open now!

What ever you do, make sure you have fun! It may seem intimidating at first, but if you get a chance to go down to a local event, do it! Go and talk to the players there and have a fun time! The community is really open and a lot less judgemental that others I've tried to get into.

I'm glad you and the kiddo are having a great time playing! Keep up the fun and if you ever need help, the forums are always open!