1 - Parallax - Source of Terror
    1 - Professor X - Recruiting Young Mutants
    1 - Silver Surfer - Silverado
    4 - Black Widow - Stinger
    4 - Beast - Mutate #666
    4 - Miri Riam - Beacon in the Dark
    4 - Guy Gardner - Blinding Rage

---

Team went 3-0 in Swiss, 4-1 in Top 4 Cut.

could i ask how he won his matches? That team looks very OK but nothing where someone would say "THATS the CARD that so strong!"

I can see Miri Riam with with all the 2 Costs beeing really fast, as long as you get 1 Guy Gardner on the board. but i cannot understand where the strong parts lie here.

If it is too private to reveal this could you please PM me?

Also i noticed Davids Winner deck is almost the same except Beast and Silver Surfer (he took Morphing Jar and COnstantine)
    Last edited by Ressless; 12-13-2015 at 07:48 AM.

I've played with that deck before and it is powerful because it comes out fast. It can kill on turn 3 if you're not ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    I've played with that deck before and it is powerful because it comes out fast. It can kill on turn 3 if you're not ready for it.
    How can a Turn 3 kill be possible?

I played pretty much the same team, and went 0-4. The variance is high.

The main idea is RDG turn one, buying Big Entrance. Then save a Mask for PXG.

Turn two, you're gonna roll Big Entrance 80-100% of the time. You use it to buy as many Miri and Guy as possible. They all go into your bag. Next turn you're rolling them.

If you buy a Guy, field a Guy, then field a Miri, you can field the just purchased Guy for free.

It's pretty nasty when the rolls are in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    How can a Turn 3 kill be possible?

The more common way:
    Turn 1: Turn 1: Roll 4 dice hope for a bolt, shield, mask and some other energy. Use Red dragon global to buy a Big Entrance for 1 any energy and deal 1 damage to opponent place Big Entrance in your bag. Use Surfer global move one of your 5 dice to prep and deal 2 damage to yourself. Hold last mask energy till opponent's turn to move 2 sidekick dice to your prep.
    Turn 2: Draw your 4 dice from bag with your 3 in prep roll at least 4 fist and 2 masks and the Big Entrance action side,to buy 4 Guy Garnders to place in your bag Use the 2 mask on opponents turn to move 4 sidekick dice to your Prep.
    Turn 3: Draw your 4 Guy Dice and Prep dice. Be able to field all your Guy dice and have enough Masks for each blocker your opponent has. Attack for 20 (assuming each is level 1 each die has 5A)

Another way for the turn 3 kill using Miri and not just Guy Garnder (note it's a bit more complex):

Turn 1: Roll 4 dice hope for a bolt, shield, mask and some other energy. Use Red dragon global to buy a Big Entrance for 1 any energy and deal 1 damage to opponent place Big Entrance in your bag. Use Surfer global move one of your 5 dice to prep and deal 2 damage to yourself. Hold last mask energy till opponent's turn to move 2 sidekick dice to your prep.
    Turn 2: Draw your 4 dice from bag with your 3 in prep. Roll your Big Entrance action side, 3 fist and 2 bolts to buy 3 Guy Garnders and 2 Miri's put 2 Guy in your bag along with the 2 Miri dice, have the other Guy go to your Used. Have a mask left over to use on opponent's turn to move 2 Sidekick dice to Prep.(You could have another fist and buy the 4th Guy and place it in your used also)The mask just opens up more options for turn 3.
    Turn 3: Draw your 4 dice from bag, 2 from Prep. Roll all level 1 or level 2 characters. Hope for fist and mask energy from Sidekick dice. Buy last Guy with your fist energy , Field a Guy dice first then field each Miri targeting a Guy in your used. The mask energy is to be used to get by a blocker. Attack with all 6 units. Each Guy will get +5A. Assuming all are level one dice each Guy is now 7A and your Miri's are 1A. Hopefully your opponent has no more than 2 blockers or other globals to disrupt your attackers you'll do 23 damage to win(3 Guy's for 21 and 2 Miri's for 2 with the 1 damage). If all 6 go unchecked you'll do 30 damage to your opponent.

Thanks for this good explanation. Really thats a cool strategy and hard to stop when its working. Also it is interesting that you could expand this to other characters too!

I tried this out at lunch today against a coworker. The first game it worked perfectly - 3 turn knockout. The 2nd time around it didn't work as well and I ended up losing when he had 1 health left. :/

The only issue I have is that I don't have Miri... Out of 30+ boosters and a rainbow draft, this card keeps denying my grasp...

It was a fun team to use and I'll most likely use it again, the only real issue is if the rolls don't come up right for T3, it's hard to get another 4 Guy dice in the field at the same time since they must attack every turn.

To put one Miri in the bag, you need either one mask for PXG or fourth fist and any one energy to purchase and place fourth Guy in the Used Pile.
    To put two Miris in the bag, you need two masks to use PXG twice.
    To use Relentless on turn 3 with Miri in the bag, you need to roll two masks on turn 2 for PXG. Alternatively to Relentless you can also use Phoenix (or field a sidekick) on turn 2 with one Miri if you roll one mask and one bolt (or sidekick; in addition to 3 fists and 1 bolt).