Thread: Injection Fairy Lily and the Slander Global

Injection Fairy Lily and the Slander Global

I wonder how Injection Fairy Lily and the Slander Global work with each other... if they do at all. Here is the relevant info:

(Slander: the relevant text is the Global - Pay When a "when fielded" or "when this character attacks" ability damages you, deal 1 damage to target opponent)

If I attack with my Injection Fairy Lily and choose to take 2 damage to buff her, can I then use the Slander Global to ricochet a damage to my opponent as well?

Yes - It is a "When attacks" ability

No - It is a cost (although I'm not avoiding paying it)

Thoughts?

Yeah, it is a cost, but it is also taking damage (and not paying life). If I had Green Goliath in the field, it would trigger his ability. I just wonder if it is considered a "When attacks" ability for the purposes of Slander, since the wording isn't exactly the typical wording for cards like Common Cheetah.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    Yeah, it is a cost, but it is also taking damage (and not paying life). If I had Green Goliath in the field, it would trigger his ability. I just wonder if it is considered a "When attacks" ability for the purposes of Slander, since the wording isn't exactly the typical wording for cards like Common Cheetah.
    It has been ruled on other cards with similar wording that this is a when attacks type wording. This is a fun and interesting combo, I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    It has been ruled on other cards with similar wording that this is a when attacks type wording. This is a fun and interesting combo, I like it!
    Do you happen to remember which card it was ruled on? I can't seem to find it.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...+attack#p16148

Is basically the exact same ruling as
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...+attack#p14169

And in fact the Black Canary ruling uses the phrase assigned to attack. It is apparent that they had not pinned down the consistent wording back in YGO days, but that the intent here was identical. As such, the abilities can be considered identical.

Thank you sir. I meant to add "You don't have to do the research, just give me a starting point if you don't mind." but I really appreciate you digging those up for me.

It could be a cool combo, if I can find a way to make the energy available for it.