Thread: Aunt May - Independant and Black Widow Stinger

Aunt May - Independant and Black Widow Stinger

Can I trigger both of these after shocks at the same time in the following situation?

Black Widow and Aunt May both block being Knocked out,

Both enter the KO'd area on the way to the prep area.

I trigger Black Widows After Shock to deal my opponent 1 point of damage, then I trigger Aunt Mays aftershock to refield Aunt May.

I asked this on the dice masters facebook group but got answers in every which direction.

Since both characters were knocked out by the opponent, they both trigger and will attempt to resolve in the order you choose.

The KO area is not a portion of the field. It does not exist and dice do not pass through there on their way towards anywhere. When a character is KO'd by assigned damage, it goes to the Prep Area.

"...Once all damage has been assigned, knock out each character that
    took damage greater than or equal to its Defense Value. When a
    character is knocked out, move it to that player’s Prep Area..."

Both characters are triggered when they leave the field for the prep area, meaning that's where they resolve.

You get to apply order, so you may resolve them in any order you like, but both must resolve unless the game ends first. This is still true if you resolve Aunt May first and move Black Widow back to the field instead (Aunt May explicitly says you may not move Aunt May back to the field, so I assume you meant Black Widow instead).

The way this works out is this:

Combat damage is meted out and both characters take damage equal to or greater than their defense from the opposing characters.
    Both are knocked out and moved to the Prep Area, triggering their Aftershock abilities.
    Aunt May resolves first (or second, it won't matter) and moves Black Widow back to the field at level 1.
    Black Widow resolves and deals the opponent 1 damage while relaxing in the field.

This is what I meant.

Thanks necro!

The facebook group seemed convinced that the KO'd area was a distinct area from the prep area. And that Black Widow would not be in prep eligible for Aunt May's aftershock.

Quote Originally Posted by KennedyHawk View Post
    Can I trigger both of these after shocks at the same time in the following situation?

Black Widow and Aunt May both block being Knocked out,

Both enter the KO'd area on the way to the prep area.

I trigger Black Widows After Shock to deal my opponent 1 point of damage, then I trigger Aunt Mays aftershock to refield Aunt May.

I asked this on the dice masters facebook group but got answers in every which direction.

Just wanted to be sure you were re fielding Black Widow not Aunt May as she cannot target herself unless there is another Aunt May already in your prep...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Just wanted to be sure you were re fielding Black Widow not Aunt May as she cannot target herself unless there is another Aunt May already in your prep...
    Even if you have a second Aunt May in your Prep area, you may not target her for Aunt May's Aftershock ability. It includes a reminder that Aunt May is not a valid target.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Yup was a typo in my original post my hope was to refield Black Widow(or Jade) via Aunt May.