Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: parallax global and manticore and fielding characters

  1. #1

    parallax global and manticore and fielding characters

    Manticore paragon beast. While active, whenever you roll bolt bolt and do not reroll the result, deal 2 damage to a character or player.

    Parallax global. Use 1. Reroll any number of your dice before the attack step.

    So if I roll bolt bolt in the roll and reroll step, then I have played it (assuming I have a fielded manticore) that when I move to the main phase I would deal 2 damage to my opponent. So then what happens when/if I use parallax global (plxg) to reroll those bolts? Does my opponent heal 2? Am I dealing the damage too early? When does the manticore damage happen then? Can I plxg over and over and continue to deal 2 damage for each bolt bolt I get?


    Question the second, if I have a character with a when fielded effect, let's say gobby, and I reroll him from the field and get another face, then he goes to the field and does not trigger, correct? What if I reroll him from the field and get bolts, then reroll the bolts (I know I can't half spend) and then get a face again. Now can I refield and re trigger?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongooli View Post
    Question the second, if I have a character with a when fielded effect, let's say gobby, and I reroll him from the field and get another face, then he goes to the field and does not trigger, correct?
    If he is re-rolled and comes up on a character face, he wouldn't leave the field. He would stay there with the new die facing. Not triggering "when fielded". But if he came up on an energy face, he would have to leave the field because it is not a legal place for energy and the die would go back to the reserve pool. If he re-rolled again and landed on a character face then he could be fielded again. (paying the cost)

  3. #3
    Manticore ability (as I understand it) is resolved before the main step. What you do with the double bokt die after is up to you and has no bearing on the damage dealt.

    Any characters you reroll via Parallax will remain fielded if a character face is rolled or move to the reserve if an energy face is rolled. You can then reroll them again and refield on a character face triggering 'when fielded' effects

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Manticore ability (as I understand it) is resolved before the main step. What you do with the double bokt die after is up to you and has no bearing on the damage dealt.

    Any characters you reroll via Parallax will remain fielded if a character face is rolled or move to the reserve if an energy face is rolled. You can then reroll them again and refield on a character face triggering 'when fielded' effects

    What about rolling die in other phases? You could roll Double bolts in the combat action phases? when does the manticore damage happen then?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuromorph View Post
    What about rolling die in other phases? You could roll Double bolts in the combat action phases? when does the manticore damage happen then?
    It would happen immediately following whatever effect caused you to roll a die.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuromorph View Post
    So how does the text about "and do not reroll the result," effect the card. It seems to never be a factor.
    For the Roll & Reroll step. If I roll 4 double-bolts, and then reroll all of them to character faces, I wouldn't deal any damage. If I roll 4 double-bolts, and reroll 2 of them, I would deal damage for the 2 I didn't reroll.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    For the Roll & Reroll step. If I roll 4 double-bolts, and then reroll all of them to character faces, I wouldn't deal any damage. If I roll 4 double-bolts, and reroll 2 of them, I would deal damage for the 2 I didn't reroll.
    that makes sense. I am thinking of dice rolling effects during combat. If you have an effect to roll dice multiple times, the first time you roll some dice, manticore checks, then you resolve, then if able to roll the dice from the effect again, does this affect the manticore damage when you rolled previously in that phase?

    Or does manticore only care about the specific 'reroll" step?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuromorph View Post
    that makes sense. I am thinking of dice rolling effects during combat. If you have an effect to roll dice multiple times, the first time you roll some dice, manticore checks, then you resolve, then if able to roll the dice from the effect again, does this affect the manticore damage when you rolled previously in that phase?

    Or does manticore only care about the specific 'reroll" step?
    The part about "not rerolling the result" only applies to the Roll & Reroll Step.

    For anything else, whenever an effect causes you to roll a die, once you have rolled it the effect is over and Manticore checks to see if a was rolled.

  10. #10
    So if, for example, I had 4 bolt characters out and a Manticore - paragon beast out as well, I use 1 of my 4 energy in my reserve pool to activate parallax global and reroll the 4 bolt characters and get 4 faces with double-bolt, I then deal 8 damage, do it a few more times with parallax with the other spare energy and keep getting lucky in getting double-bolts, I can essentially deal up to 32 damage (granted that requires a bit of luck) with only the 4 bolt characters and the 4 energy I had spare? (I mean if this works you could theoretically get more damage, but just for understanding sake here)

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    So if, for example, I had 4 bolt characters out and a Manticore - paragon beast out as well, I use 1 of my 4 energy in my reserve pool to activate parallax global and reroll the 4 bolt characters and get 4 faces with double-bolt, I then deal 8 damage, do it a few more times with parallax with the other spare energy and keep getting lucky in getting double-bolts, I can essentially deal up to 32 damage (granted that requires a bit of luck) with only the 4 bolt characters and the 4 energy I had spare? (I mean if this works you could theoretically get more damage, but just for understanding sake here)
    Yes. It's luck and energy intensive, but feasible.

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JustK View Post
    Also. You cannot spend energy on ANY of the dice you are rerolling with Paralax. I have seen a couple of decks using this strategy and it can be pretty hard to go against when you lose on your turn.
    What do you mean lose on your turn? I'm pretty sure Parallax global states "Pay (1). Reroll any number of your dice before YOUR Attack Step."
    Or are you referring to losing to bad rolls? Although I should ask if this still qualifies as something we should be discussing on the rules thread.

    Also, yeah I did know the "You cannot spend energy on ANY of the dice you are rerolling with Paralax." part, thanks

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferret View Post
    What do you mean lose on your turn? I'm pretty sure Parallax global states "Pay (1). Reroll any number of your dice before YOUR Attack Step."
    Or are you referring to losing to bad rolls? Although I should ask if this still qualifies as something we should be discussing on the rules thread.

    Also, yeah I did know the "You cannot spend energy on ANY of the dice you are rerolling with Paralax." part, thanks
    I was unclear. I usually see this with Uncommon Pyro ability. Also, if you are rerolling them with Parallax doesn't that negate the damage for it, Manticore specifically says and not rerolled on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •