Thread: First Gravity Feed Disapointment

First Gravity Feed Disapointment

I purchased my first gravity feed (AoU) yesterday. I am just starting to play this game and decided to venture beyond the two starter sets i have (AvX AoU). I have to say I am disappointed with the condition of the cards in my gravity feed. I also learned after opening the whole box that there are a large number of misprints in this set. i am a magic player and I take extremely good care of my cards so maybe I was expecting too much but the cards in every pack were bent,warped or torn. Is this normal? Or did I just get an unlucky box. I can understand if they are a little warped because of the shape of the packs but I literally have a handful that if you look at the edge they make an S shape. I can live with this if it is normal I just need to know.

Cruves and warps are normal. Creases, tears and bends are not. Cards being stamped it glued together are unfortunately common in frequency.

As for the common bends and warps, the card stock the cards are made of are actually less sturdy than magic cards, almost intentionally. This allows the cards to flex so they don't permanently bend. A month in a binder usually straightens out the worst culprits.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Cruves and warps are normal. Creases, tears and bends are not. Cards being stamped it glued together are unfortunately common in frequency.

As for the common bends and warps, the card stock the cards are made of are actually less sturdy than magic cards, almost intentionally. This allows the cards to flex so they don't permanently bend. A month in a binder usually straightens out the worst culprits.

Warps are from the dice in packaging. Put a heavy book on them and it will fix usually over night. I have only got two two tears or rips ( Happened to be AOU) all other sets and gravity boxes have been fine.

I didn't even have to put weight on mine to unwarp them. Just sleeved them up and put them in a box and they eventually straightened out on their own.

I had very bad luck with a Spider-Man feed. Major creases and stamps that can't be fixed. I'm so lucky they didn't happen to be on the super rares, whew. The frequency of them was very appalling. All of my feeds that I've gotten up to that point were okay.