Thread: Your Favourite Die/Card You'll Rarely Use

Your Favourite Die/Card You'll Rarely Use

In an attempt to create even more conversation, I'm going to try and make an interesting topic every day. (I hope y'all don't mind!)

One of the things I love about this game, is getting to use some of my favourite characters. (Namor, Ant-Man for example.) However, I'm sure we all have characters we'd love to use, but can't, because they either don't match your playstyle or... they are bad.

For me, as of right now, it's Black Panther. I'm hoping I can find a way to use him, but as of now, I haven't been able to find a way to make him work. Making this topic has inspired me to try and figure it out, but as of now, I just don't know.

What are yours?

I knew it! That being said, is it because the card is nothing like the character, or because you don't like the stats/abilities?

Both. Now that I have the DC basic action Anger Issues, I will fool around with giving Jugss Overcrush. So maybe I can make a fun team with him... but yea, he sucks, not thematic, and the picture on his card is awful. That's not the Juggs I know and love.

Nightcrawler. His powers are decent, his card is relatively thematic, but his lack of the X-men affiliation leaves me unable to squeeze him into my Kitty-On a mission deck. Silly Elf.

For me, it's Apocalypse.

Thematically, the character abilities fit but the card effects just don't quite make it usable.

His character card Time of Testing (* After Apocalypse is knocked out, return him to the field and spin him down one level.) just doesn't make it onto any competitive team I try to build. Archvillain (While your opponent has no Villain characters fielded, prevent all damage to Apocalypse.) has too many ways to break the card effect. Either by Iron Man's Global or as simply as your opponents actually having villains.

I do think the newest OP character card Earth-295 (When fielded, re-roll all other non-Apocalypse characters. Your opponent takes 2 damage for each of his or her dice that rolled energy.) might change this as it is both thematic and seems like a good board wipe + damage combo.
    Last edited by fun4willis; 04-15-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Dr.Strange, overcosted with gimmicky abilities. He's still the sorcerer supreme though. Looking at the DC set I think it's going to be Booster Gold with his average stats and horrible abilities.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I'd love to put Thor on a team. I love his theme (vs fist characters get a bonus), because, he's a god after all. I just can't justify it for now. When I do, I'll be starting with God of Thunder, I think.

I love the Iron Man die from UXM, but short of Villain teams that don't have room for Takedown, I don't need him. The pearlescent gunmetal grey and orange looks great.

Iron Man's global is just so good. My girlfriend would probably also choose Thor. Hard to justify those big pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    I'd love to put Thor on a team. I love his theme (vs fist characters get a bonus), because, he's a god after all. I just can't justify it for now. When I do, I'll be starting with God of Thunder, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Thinking of Thor, for me it would be Mjolnir. I just don't are me using a slot for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Iron Man's global is just so good. My girlfriend would probably also choose Thor. Hard to justify those big pieces.
    All of you just got promoted in my book.

Thor all day long and twice on Sundays. Great stats, terrible Costs and even worse abilities = never gonna play 'em. I'm hoping for a playable version of him in Age of Ultron.

His die is awful though. The combo of red and blue they used just grates on me. Should've been more of a navy blue.

I can agree with this. I think dark navy and stone would be cool.

Sorry, that's a little off-topic - back to the topic at hand!

I don't think it is too shabby. But yes, new Thor will be interesting to check out.

I thought Nighcrawler Circus Freak would be useful, but he never seems good enough.

I keep Trying to Use Deadpool, but I just can't. He is my Favorite, and even when I put him in a build he fits with, I never buy him.

Black Panther is no loner on this list. Thanks to Shadowmeld helping me build a team, I'm adoring Black Panther all over again. Maybe Sabretooth now?

Ooh, Minsc and Boo! I gotta find a way to play them!

Quote: Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you.

I kinda wish Cap's shield was better.
    Its probably because when I was starting playing dice masters i only got a half dozen packs for the first 8-ish months i had the game and cap's shield was the most important global. Now that I have a lot more stuff I wish I get it on teams
    So my reasons aren't so much for the comics as the nostalgia of when I started playing about a year ago.

After looking through all the new cards/dice I received yesterday, my vote has to go to the Thing. Just not good enough for how much he costs. I wish he was better.

Actually... yeah, good point. The die is pretty good and I do like The Thing, but I just haven't found a way to fit him in.

I was really disappointed with Mjolnir. It's not like Thor smacking a non-villian with the hammer is going to be any less destructive, and there are no villains that I am really worried about.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Shouldn't Mjolnir have a cheap cost but only able to use if Thor is in the field? Like 2 bolt cheap, since Thor is 6 cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Shouldn't Mjolnir have a cheap cost but only able to use if Thor is in the field? Like 2 bolt cheap, since Thor is 6 cost.
    With some of the cost-fixing we've seen in D&D and DC, (especially how Harley Quinn reduces the cost of a specific character, Joker.) I think we could see something like that for sure moving forward.