Thread: Spidey's Last Stand

Spidey's Last Stand

Spidey's Last Stand - BAC from ASM - Sacrifice a character to draw and roll 2 dice (sacrificed characters are placed in the Used Pile).

If my bag is empty or only has one die, and my used pile is empty prior to using this action, what happens? Am I allowed to refill the bag with the sacrificed character and/or the Spidey's Last Stand die itself? My guess is yes on the former, no on the latter.

Also, is this a "must" card? If I must draw two dice and only have one, do I take the 1 damage and gain 1 generic energy, or is that only on the Clear & Draw step?
    Last edited by memmek2k; 12-18-2015 at 04:31 PM.

When your bag is empty and you have an incomplete draw actions (such as the draw 2 dice of this effect), you fill your bag with the contents of the used pile.

You are not allowed to include the Spidey's Last Stand die or the character you sacrificed when you refill the bag; costs and effects happen in the same instant and cannot overlap. The die moves to the used pile and you draw two dice all at once. It's similar to how you cannot PXG the mask sidekick you paid for the global. Also, this is doubly wrong for the action die itself since spending action dice sends them out of play until the cleanup step just like spending energy (except you can't use action dice on your opponent's turn).

When it comes to "must" effect, you only do as much as can legally be done. Since you do not have enough dice to draw, you merely draw as many as you can. The generic energy and life payment is strictly for the clear and draw step.

Characters field

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    When your bag is empty and you have an incomplete draw actions (such as the draw 2 dice of this effect), you fill your bag with the contents of the used pile.

You are not allowed to include the Spidey's Last Stand die or the character you sacrificed when you refill the bag; costs and effects happen in the same instant and cannot overlap. The die moves to the used pile and you draw two dice all at once. It's similar to how you cannot PXG the mask sidekick you paid for the global. Also, this is doubly wrong for the action die itself since spending action dice sends them out of play until the cleanup step just like spending energy (except you can't use action dice on your opponent's turn).

When it comes to "must" effect, you only do as much as can legally be done. Since you do not have enough dice to draw, you merely draw as many as you can. The generic energy and life payment is strictly for the clear and draw step.
    Are characters fielded for free? I rolled a two cost die but only have one energy can I field the two cost for free or do I need to put it in the used pile?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisHudson View Post
    Are characters fielded for free? I rolled a two cost die but only have one energy can I field the two cost for free or do I need to put it in the used pile?

You still have to pay for the dice drawn and rolled unless the card granting the draw explicitly says they will be free.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisHudson View Post
    Can I sacrifice my opponents characters
    No - you can't avoid paying the cost. Has to be your own.