Thread: Article: Nationals: What Does It Say About Dice Masters

+1 on the video coverage from nationals. I really enjoyed watching the streams and seeing how the good players played (and occasionally hearing Dave's voice in the background even when he was not the featured match )

Quote Originally Posted by jigsawhc View Post
    +1 on the video coverage from nationals. I really enjoyed watching the streams and seeing how the good players played (and occasionally hearing Dave's voice in the background even when he was not the featured match )
    specifically during the 2nd match of day 2's event? That's when he killed me on turn 3 with High Hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    specifically during the 2nd match of day 2's event? That's when he killed me on turn 3 with High Hopes.
    I'll have to go back and see - I just recall watching a few times realizing I recognized his voice in the background.

Yeah that was Nationals Swiss Round 2. It's pretty early in the video.

As a person who is in love with broadcasting/play-by-play, I loved the coverage. I watched a lot of the Pokemon battle stuff earlier this year, and enjoyed it a ton. Waking up on Saturday and hearing DM would have similar coverage was so cool, other than the fact I wasn't going to be able to watch. Sunday was wonderful though. Such a blast.

Also, people using every set in their deck inspired me to pick up D&D and YGO, so Dave/Randy are semi-responsible for me being broke this week!

I thought it was really fun to talk to people while watching the games played. People from TRP and Dice Anon. I live in Colorado and so it is nice to talk to other players in the country.

Was the chat that active? I watched on Roku so I didn't have access to that part. Dang, I'll have to remember that for next time.

The live stream support was a huge surprise for me, I thought they did a great job and I apologize for being so boring to anyone watching; I kinda get into a zone lol