Thread: Article: Reading the Rainbow Amazing Spider-Man Draft Episode 4 The First Hand

Article: Reading the Rainbow Amazing Spider-Man Draft Episode 4 The First Hand

All I can think about is how I'd like being on the receiving end of that second pack after you pick. Seriously, even after you'd pick Vulture, I'd still be able to choose between two cheap beatsticks (Dagger and Lizard; my choice would depend on whether I'm leaning towards Villains or Spider-Friends), a cheap Ally for ramp (Aunt May), or one of two pretty decent 6-cost characters (Doc Oc and Blade). I'm not an expert in drafting, but that's not a bad selection to choose from.

I completely agree with your first 2 picks, and here is why. I think you're right that you can't overstate the importance of drafting Spider-Man, even (or especially) as a "hate draft" so you won't be facing it. Also, as to the last point you made, I think I would be drafting Spidey at least in part because with 4 MJs and 6 Aunt Mays on the table I expect them to come back around, for me or for someone else. It's like seeing a dollar lying in the street, if you don't bend down and pick it up, someone else will. As for Vulture, even if you don't get him set up for the win condition, if you get the bonus to go off at level 2 he can KO anything else in the draft so far except Doc Oc at Lvl 2 or 3, Iron Spider at Lvl 3, or Hulk at Lvl 2 or 3. Pretty good beat stick for a 4 pt character that only costs 1 pt to put out at Lvl 3 (where he could take out the Lvl 2 Hulk). With all of those characters costing so much more to deploy (not just purchase), Vulture would just make too much economic sense for me to pass up. (But that Blade card is like a second piece of cake after dinner; it may not be good for me, but I want it so bad I can taste it.)

Wow, that first pack, I don't even know, Iron Spidey probably wheels, I guess you could take Goblin Glider for vulture, I guess...
    Second pack is a bit better, but still probably picking from Gwen or Spider Woman, neither one optimal, might have a shot at Blade for second dessert. With Spiderman's discount if you found the UC Gwen that helps with fielding; that might not be the worst.