Thread: Article: New Battle for Fearun OP Kits

Mask based Swarm, just sounds fun.
    Gelatinous cube imprisoned-draw burn might be interesting but you'd have to buy him and protect him, then use Warth to lock down all the sidekicks.

Evil Alignment + Swarm? Yes please!

The issue with Swarm builds in D&D was that your only options were fists and either not combat worth or not evil. Now we get a 3-drop Evil character with Swarm that can take and give a punch, Wererat may just become viable for in-set play. Slap on a Mummy and you have a very strong undead archetype to play around with and build your way into a Dracolich.

Now I'm hoping for a new Fiend in the upcoming set to finally have a truly Evil archtype to play around with!

Are those the actual cards or mock ups? Not very attractive cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Moses2813 View Post
    Are those the actual cards or mock ups? Not very attractive cards.
    I assume they're the actual cards. It would seem that WizKids is going for an illustrated scroll aesthetic that I'd say fits the D&D theme quite well, but it's definitely a subjective matter.

Quote Originally Posted by RonBurgandylive View Post
    What does the Gelatinous Cube actually say?
    "When fielded, capture all opposing dice that have a 0 fielding cost. When Gelatinous Cube takes damage, KO it. This capture ends when Gelatinous Cube leaves the field"

It's a pretty crap effect when compared to Apologies in Advance, but it only takes a single slot and isn't cancelled by damaging the opposing player, so it has a lot going for it as well. Then again, I doubt it will see play at a whopping 7-cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    "When fielded, capture all opposing dice that have a 0 fielding cost. When Gelatinous Cube takes damage, KO it. This capture ends when Gelatinous Cube leaves the field"

It's a pretty crap effect when compared to Apologies in Advance, but it only takes a single slot and isn't cancelled by damaging the opposing player, so it has a lot going for it as well. Then again, I doubt it will see play at a whopping 7-cost.
    I think you're right on both counts. The effect is interesting and somewhat powerful, but with the die stats I cringe at paying 7 for a GC. The most expensive of the other 4 versions available is only 4. I suspect in my builds I'll stick with the 3 point Master Ooze from the starter set which blocks as many NPCs as your opponent sends over.