Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Article: How it Works: The Draw Step

  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Dice Masters Doubles Play tip:
    I wanted to point out in Double for Dice Masters the Prep Area is shared between players on a side and each turn the players determine which dice they will roll. This means that during the draw step, you both are putting 4 dice apiece into the Prep Area (Total of 8), then taking all of the dice and determining which player is rolling which die. This is an effective way to pass characters between players and still maintaining defensive positions during the game. It also adds an element of strategy of wall punching as it is much harder to maintain two walls.

  4. #4
    I LOVE this article. I'm going to be linking this to some players that don't frequent this site often, great job!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwannabe View Post
    Oooh a new series!

    I'd like to add the uncommon Red Tornado to this :

    While Red Tornado is active, once per turn, if you draw 3 or more Sidekicks during your Clear and Draw step, you may put all of the Sidekicks into your Used pile and draw 4 new dice.
    I just got this card (casual player/buyer on a budget), and I know I didn't think the mechanic all the way through until you brought it up here. Thank you very much.

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Dice Masters Doubles Play tip:
    I wanted to point out in Double for Dice Masters the Prep Area is shared between players on a side and each turn the players determine which dice they will roll. This means that during the draw step, you both are putting 4 dice apiece into the Prep Area (Total of 8), then taking all of the dice and determining which player is rolling which die. This is an effective way to pass characters between players and still maintaining defensive positions during the game. It also adds an element of strategy of wall punching as it is much harder to maintain two walls.
    Ahhhhh I've never played doubles! This has me intrigued. Now to dupe 2 more people into blowing all their money.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    I LOVE this article. I'm going to be linking this to some players that don't frequent this site often, great job!
    Thanks for the links, and out of curiosity, is there something we are/aren't doing that keeps them away from the site?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Thanks for the links, and out of curiosity, is there something we are/aren't doing that keeps them away from the site?
    No, I think it mostly has to do with how busy they are. A lot of them make their decks at the event, but I keep mentioning The Reserve Pool to them. I've been an avid Pooler so any time I can mention this site I make sure I do.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormyknight View Post
    No, I think it mostly has to do with how busy they are. A lot of them make their decks at the event, but I keep mentioning The Reserve Pool to them. I've been an avid Pooler so any time I can mention this site I make sure I do.
    Thanks for being an active 'pooler!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •