Thread: I caved - starting dice masters

I caved - starting dice masters

Hey Everybody,

I had dropped wizkids altogether. I played clix for a few years and loved it. Then just got fed up with how WK handled the line and stopped playing after WoL. I just didn't feel like running on the hamster wheel anymore.

I've been playing tons of other board games and, except for D&D Temple of Elemental Evil which is really WotC, didn't give WK any more money.

Then, last week, a friend of mine convinced me to try dice masters. Dammit, I liked it.

So now I have an AoU starter with the extra cards & dice for those characters coming in. Also have the D&D starter with a C/UC set coming in as well.

But I'm not going to let it get me like clix did. Nope. I have willpower. I can resist. That's what I'm going to tell myself.

Welcome to the game! Play casual, have fun, and don't sweat the WK end of the game. You know what to expect with a WK product so just roll with it. You'll have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    Welcome to the game! Play casual, have fun, and don't sweat the WK end of the game. You know what to expect with a WK product so just roll with it. You'll have a blast.
    Thanks!

The D&D theme really interests me. I think that'll be fun. I'll probably keep the sets "pure". I also want to see how I fare against my friends with just the starter characters. I always used to like to do that with clix. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't but it was always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by w00kie View Post
    Thanks!

The D&D theme really interests me. I think that'll be fun. I'll probably keep the sets "pure". I also want to see how I fare against my friends with just the starter characters. I always used to like to do that with clix. Sometimes it worked. Sometimes it didn't but it was always fun.
    Well, if you like D&D, you joined at the perfect time! There's a second D&D set coming out next month, so you'll have some more selection to choose from on that front.

Welcome to the game and have fun!

Give in to temptation. It's so much better on the other side.

I used to play Clix and around WoL got really busy with school for about four months or so, barely playing Clix, and playing Dice Masters with a friend teaching me, loving it, and immediately starting to buy into it really hard. I just figured out how cheap this game is, especially in comparison with a HeroClix habit, and it was a no brainer.

The game is super-fun and is basically getting as much support as Clix... it's really coming up faster and faster and I think people who get into the game later are going to regret it when they have to go to the backlog of cards that are meta but harder to find from out of print sets, etc.... Basically, play the game, and get ready to eventually start mixing sets and buying more, going to drafts, building competitive teams and trying your hand at some local constructed events, but most of all, just having fun.

It's super cheap if you already played HeroClix, and there's no better starting point than now, so good call just buying some stuff you wanted. You'll figure it out as you play, but I guarantee you'll get more into the game - which is cool, because you could try to buy into most of every set that's come out and still be paying less than you would for a typical quarter year of HeroClix, or even less time, depending.

Just have fun - you will.

I suppose it's a bad sign I just picked up an AvX starter off of ebay... And I'm looking at a WoL starter with the uncommons and 2 dice. And I'm looking into c/u sets. And also grabbed some stuff to build out a mostly starter list.

Damn. Here we go again. LOL

I suppose it's a bad sign I just picked up an AvX starter off of ebay... And I'm looking at a WoL starter with the uncommons and 2 dice. And I'm looking into c/u sets. And also grabbed some stuff to build out a mostly starter list.

I was fortunate enough to start at the start so there was never a moment that just hit my wallet too hard except for one which...nope. Once you catch up DM is pretty inexpensive.

Welcome

Get Vassal for a free use of all the cards. Testing and play against other players.

Welcome to the world of Dice Mastery!
    I agree with a lot of what was said above-especially with catching up to the game. All you really need is enough to start playing, then you can start grabbing cards and dice to round out what you enjoy. If you like the D&D IP, start there. They have plenty of very affordable cards in that set

I actually found an AvX starter st Wal-Mart last week along with about 12 remaining AvX foil packs they had for sale. Just started recently too. Wal-Mart and Target might be good hidden places to find "classic" stuff.